1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero backitup problem

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by rolfje, Aug 26, 2004.

1. rolfje

rolfje Member

I've made a backup on 14cd's with nero backitup. When i'm trying to reinstall I get the message: unable to decompress.
    After finishing the reinstall only the folders are reinstalled, and there are no files in it.
    I use Nero 6.0.0.0
    A small backup made on 1 cd gives no problems, only when made on more than one cd.

Any suggestions for me please??

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

I would recommend upgrading to our latest Nero 6.3.1.20 and see if you still have this same issue of not being able to decompress the files from the backed up CDs.

If you still have issues, can you provide the exact error message it provides?

When you created the backup, it does a verify after the backup of each disc is complete, did you get any error messages at that time?

Regards,

Craig

3. rolfje

rolfje Member

I will try the new version in a few days time.

The error message I get is: Restore of [filename.nco] failed.
    the next message I get is: Decompression of files failed.

And I do get an error message when i create a backup. I says: Files are different [path].EXE.nco
    Status summary
    Data verification failed.

At the time I didn't take to much notice, but that is probably what caused the problem?

Thanks for your reply!

4. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Yes, that error during the verify should not have occured. Make sure you have the latest firmware as well as the latest version of our Software.

And try with a different brand of media if the error continues during the verify process of the backup. You may want to use CDRW media till this issue has been debugged so as not to waste any media. Though CDR media is pretty enexpensive these days. :)

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    Technical Director
    USA

5. rolfje

rolfje Member

I've tried a new version of Nero, and although I get a new errormessage (corrupt CRC in ZIP file) the restore is succesfull!
    I'm glad I've got my data back.
    I haven't tried to create a new backup yet. Next time I will take more notice of the appearing messages during backup.

Thanks for your reply!!!