1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Bogging my burns

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by chop2113, Jan 20, 2007.

1. chop2113

chop2113 Regular member

I have a question. Why is it that when i convert movie files [i.e AVI,Mpeg etc] using Nero i cant fit as many as i can say using Convertxtodvd? Using just the default layouts on both programs ill be able fit say 3 700mb on Nero for a total let say of 7gbs. Now on convertx i can fit say 5 700mb files for the same or near same amount. both are set to high quality {slow encoding}. I burn at 4x and use sony dvd+r mij and verbatim dvd+r. I also use either dvdshrink or nero recode to shrink my dvds down. Now when i make my own Dvd's, I dont go above 9 gbs. Since normal hollywood movies we shrink are usually around that size. I like both programs and i would to love to use nero more,but its not as efficient. definately more options than convert which i like. but to make good use of 4.7gbs convert gets more on the disc. thats what ive seen. i want to know why this big difference. Is it a setting or just the say it is.. thank you in advance....

2. zeiram

zeiram Guest

it generally comes down to the amount of compression that each program will use to get the job down with.