1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Bundled Disk and Two Drives

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Topic, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Topic

Topic Member

Nero has rendered my original CD/RW useless.
    My original Lite-On CD/RW came bundled with Nero, and it has worked fine for well over a year now.
    I installed a second DVDRW/CDRW with it's own bundled Nero. Now my original drive will not function with Nero. I've tried the update and still nothing.

Does anyone have or know of a fix for this? If there is no fix I would not recommend buying any product with an OEM Nero disk. It will prevent the other recording drives from operating if they were originally packaged with Nero.
    I've requested help from Nero concerning this through their support form but they do not respond to inquiries.

Thanks for any help.

2. DarkFoss

DarkFoss Guest

hmm What versions of Nero are on each oem disk? I'm guessing that the original one was a 5.5.10.xx and the one that came with your dvd burner was the newer 6x version.Even if it was a newer 5x version if you did a complete install of the second disk you'd have problems.Either way you'd have 2 versions of nero check and InCD installed at the same time and that can cause multiple problems. I'd uninstall all of Nero through the add/remove programs and then after rebooting run the Nero cleaning tools which you can download here. http://www.nero.com/en/631938356417810.html
    I'd read a bit of the Faq's first then after cleaning out your system reboot again and try installing just the one that came with your dvd-writer.. since it's newer it should work fine with your cd-writer.
    Hope this help's G'luck

3. DarkFoss

DarkFoss Guest

Sigh sorry link didn't take.

http://www.nero.com/en/631938356417810.html

In case this one fails too go to Nero click on support/utilitys choose clean tools from the list on the left, you'll then be able to download it where it appears on the right side of the page.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2004
  4. Topic

Topic Member

Thanks for the replies.
    I uninstalled the 5.5.10.54 version I had been using with the older Lite-On CD-RW, installed the new DVD Nero version 5.5.10.24 and then reinstalled the 5.5.10.54 update. As expected only the newer DVD/CD burner works with Nero. It wouldn't be a big issue but my older Lite-On burns at a higher speed than the Pacific Digital DVD/CD burner and I'm a bit miffed over the fact that Nero would disable itself for a burner it was supporting moments before. It's like buying a second car and finding out you can only use one battery between them. Its and either or situation.