1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Burn DVD image to slow

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Uparela, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Uparela

Uparela Member

Hi, I've used nero for long time with some machines, a few month ago I had a Laptop Toshiba Satellite a105-S361 it came with the same combo that toshiba offers for DVDRAM device, I used to copy entires DVDs in 20minutes, 10min for burning the image(starting at 4600Kb/s) and 10min for copying to a blank DVD (at 8x).

Now I bought a Toshiba Satellite P105-S9722 a more complete laptop and with the same caracteristics conserning to DVD/Cd unit.

The laptop came with a NEC DVDRAM and the maximun speed I got was 6x for burning a blank dvd, and for making a DVD image it took so long starting less than 2000Kb/s.

In toshiba technical support, they change the unit for a LG DVDRAM, it worked better, burning DVD at 8x but still slow for making the image (starting 2200Kb/s), then they changed it again for a Panasonic Matshita that was the same unit in my last pc, It should burn at 8x and images starting at 4600kb/s, I use the same DVDs (+R) or (-R) in both machines and I can't figure why my new pc burn slower , it took 50minutes for burning a blank DVD even when nero said it was at 8x, and when I tried to make an image it started at 1400 Kb/s and sometimes I got an error message begining to burn, something like unrecognzsable phase.

I check DMA if available but there is always in Pio Mode, I unistall this device and restart the machine, then it shows ultra mode 2, but I get the error message when begining to burn the dvd image.

Now my pc is in technical support again, they formated the hard disk with the Toshiba recovery DVD, but there is still the same problem.

I'm getting mad with this, please if someboy could help me I'd really apprecite.

Thanks

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member