1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Burning and Convert problem! Help!

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Ikka, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Ikka

Ikka Member

Hello!
    I have Nero 7 Ultra Edition and my problem is that, when I try to burn an .avi file to a DVD (first covert to ifo bup and vob) it doesn't work.
    Nero says that it will take about 11 H to complete the work, but my friend says it's not ment to take that long.
    I also let my computer work during the night but it didn't work either.
    Is my computer old maybe or could it be that I have a bad download of the program or that there is something wrong with my computer?
    I just formated my entire computer to get rid of old crap and viruses and who knows what.

Thankful for any help!!

//Ronnika

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi Ikka
    What are the specs on the pc? Processor speed and memory/ram is fine. You can get this from right clicking on my computer>general tab.

What version of Nero are you using? Maybe an update would help if not using the latest version.

What happens - does Nero just shut down, give an error or does the pc reboot/shutdown.

3. Ikka

Ikka Member

I have Windows XP Home Edition
    RAM is 512 MB.
    Processor speed is?? I'm from Sweden so some english words can be difficult to understand ;)
    Is this what you need?:
    Intel (R)
    Pentium (R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz 2.39 GHz 512 MB RAM
    I just checked and I have the latest version.

Nothing really happens, it just says it takes 11 H and when it's done I didn't get the result I wanted. I wouldn't know if there was an error message during the process since I slept while the computer worked through the night...

4. binkie7

Yep that's the info. Looking at this Vision should take around 2-3 hours max.

So do a clean install of Nero. Uninstall Nero - run the clean tool.
    Reboot - now run a registry cleaner. Here's a good free one - ccleaner. Use the issues and cleaner options.
    Reinstall Nero.

Now try the project again - have any unneeded programs running shut down.

5. adar2

adar2 Guest

I have exactly the same problem and it freezes in the 11th hour. Have you made any progress. I managed to burn just one DVD in an amazing five hours after reinstalling, cleaning, etc. Now we are back to a 12 hour shift with no results!!!

6. Ikka

Ikka Member

I did all that you told me, but there is no change.
    What I did notice is that after a few hours, the computer just shut itself off.
    The process started good, it said it would take about 2 H. Then later when I checked, it said 11 H again.
    There must be something wrong somewhere, or maybe I just have to buy Nero at the store, because I have a downloaded version. But the version I have works for my friend so I'm finding this very strange...

7. binkie7

Yes you should have you own copy of nero - if you're not using the trial downloaded from nero's site - well the downloads you can get elsewhere aren't always cracked up to what they're supposed to be. And if not using a legit Nero - also against forum rules (piracy)

The pc shutting itself down could be to overheating - vision is pretty cpu intense. When was the last time you cleaned out the inside of the case? Dust can cause heat and lead to overheating & shutting down.

Try this free program to convert the avi - DivXtoDVD.
    Save the file to your hard drive then use Nero's Burning Rom or Express to burn the video_ts folder.

8. Ikka

Ikka Member

I'm just afraid that the program will show the same problems as this version does.
    I mean, if my computer jusdt dies because of the high CPU or whatever it's called, then would it matter which version I'm using?
    Is it possible to set some CPU settings or something so that the computer can handle Nero when it's working it's hardest?

9. binkie7

There can be a number of reasons why the pc is shutting down. PC's can do this as a defense thing.
    It could be a conflict w/ Nero and that may be cause of the version.
    It could be the pc is getting to hot and needs to be cleaned out (inside the case).
    Could be the video card needs a driver update, not running the latest directX 9.0c etc.
    To see if it's a nero problem use the other program.

No cpu setting to change but when running Vision close as many unneeded programs as possible.