1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Burning CD

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by PJTHEDJ, Mar 7, 2007.

1. PJTHEDJ

PJTHEDJ Member

Just installed Nero 7 Essential. Once I select the very first piece of music to the burn list, my computer hangs up and gives me a message box that the server is busy. Th only way to get my pc back without shutting down is to go to Task Manager where CPU usage is 100%.
    What do I need to do.

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Nero seems to have some problems when it encounters file system/file problems. It tends to lock up or shut down without giving you any options.

Explain a little about you setup. Are you importing the music from another computer? Do you have access rights to that computer?

3. PJTHEDJ

PJTHEDJ Member

Thanks for responding. I am a real newby, however, what I am doing is copying my old cassettes and later my vinyl with Microsoft Plus! Digital Media Edition and filing them in Windows Media Player (WMP).
    The burner at WMP works well, but does not permit the burned CD to play in my car, hence purchasing NERO 7 Essential as a work around solution.
    TDK CD-R
    LG RW CD DVD Disk Drive
    Athlon sempron 3200 with an upgraded mother booard ASR Rock 64 bit Sempron

4. PJTHEDJ

PJTHEDJ Member

1 Meg Ram

5. JXP2307

JXP2307 Regular member

Is WMP running in the background? As a Process? It could be a software conflict, maybe wmp not letting go of your burning drive.....

Just a thought.

6. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

I suppose I have to ask, if WMP is burning Audio CDs, why won't they play in your car? If you look at the files on the CD, what type are they?

WMP appears to be able to burn audio CDs, and on mine I even show a Nero Burning plug-in. Which version of WMP are you running?

You may have put some type of rights management on the files which won't allow them to be used. You might check for a setting like that in the software you used to capture the audio.

Do you know what the file type is of your captured audio? Are they .wav or .wma files? I don't have any .wma files to test.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  7. PJTHEDJ

PJTHEDJ Member

I have tried many ways to burn a cd to play in my car. File are captured as .wma files. It should work. I have since uninstalled Nero 7 Essential and installed Nero Express In CD from an install disk I got with my LG disk drive (forgot I had that)from another computer I had. The same problem exists which is totally weird. I have burned CD's before with Nero express and they work in the car still today.
    The technology I am using is not correct at this point.
    News flash! I just found, as I was writing this),the new version of NERO Express that came with this drive. I will uninstall my old disk drive nero and intall the new disk drive NERO express version that came with the drive. Stay tuned