1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Burning Failed

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by asunanegi, May 13, 2006.

1. asunanegi

asunanegi Member

sure thing, but i guess i'm gonna need a lot of cds to defrag. need 15gb of free space to defrag; ~7gb free >.>

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

I could be wrong but you should still be able to do a defrag - just may take awhile:)

3. asunanegi

asunanegi Member

hmm...I have a theory...and it may be half assed but here it is:

Everytime I try to transfer files from my USB Wireless card to another computer on my network, it starts, then "resets" like the DVD drive does, which is also USB. Now, I've always had most USB ports used. Right now, I have all of them used. My theory is that, If I disconnected all USB devices except the DVD drive, it MAY burn. Back before I had so many devices my Wireless card wouldn't reset, but now since I have so many in there it wont send. Do you think that It would work?

4. binkie7

Not half assed at all :) I started to go in that direction asking about external devices but got myself sidetracked. One of them may be causing the problem - disconnect all and let's see what happens!

5. asunanegi

asunanegi Member

I'm starting to have HARDWARE problems now...god, wtf? I went to device managers to see what's up with my DVD-ROM and DVD-RW drives, and they're disabled....and wont enable! It's probably too much for you guys (this is a nero forum, right?) so I guess i'll have to find somewhere that can help....

My computer is going insane >.<

6. binkie7

@asunanegi
    You have got alot going on there! Something is definitley going on with your pc. You could try uninstalling them in device manager then rebooting and letting windows install but I don't think that will get to the root of your problems.
    There are 2 forums you may want to check out - Other PC Hardware & Windows Spyware & Virus problems.
    Good Luck!!

7. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

Please post your last Nero burn log. The best way to get these things fixed, is to keep at it and everytime it fails, save that log, and post it here. To keep from wasting blank DVDs, use simulation in Nero. It will go thru everything but the burn. You still need a blank disc in the drive, but it will not burn to it.

The best way to get rid of INCD is to use Nero's own clean tool to remove it. Add/Remove works sometimes, but registry settings can still be in there unless a cleantool is used. The log should have shown it, but it doesnt hurt anyting to use the cleantool.

http://ww2.nero.com/nero7/enu/InCD_CleanTool.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am looking thru the last burn log you posted and i saw this:
    I think that is TDK, and they are crap. Do the simulation with them, but use Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden discs for the real thing.

Your last log had this:
    followed by a reset. The drive itself may be bad. The only other thing i can think of that might help is to make sure your USB2 drivers are up to date.
    http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/su...h+US&cat=/Technology/USB&fromPage=driverindex

Im also looking at the nero web and came across this:
    Many externals are easy to take apart, and swaping it into your case can be done by most anyone. Worth trying, unless you void a warrenty on something you might take back for an exchange or replacement.

Last edited: May 21, 2006
  8. Grandizer

Grandizer Member

asunanegi,

I think one of the problems you should look into is grounding...
    I ran into a problem that caused similar problems when burning...

I found that the grounding plug for the external drive was causing small shorts... If the cable was moved or touched, the ground would open and the DVD drive would report errors...

When my Dell laptop with the RECALLED power supply experienced the same problems, I fixed it fast...

If I didn't plug in a device through my firewire port, the system wouldn't ground properly and there would be random hardware errors.

The replacement Power Supply from Dell fixed the grounding problem and no more random errors...

9. asunanegi

asunanegi Member

ugh, god. Now some of my USB connections are acting up. Probably going to lose my network adapter soon. I should just get a new freaking computer, stupid thing.

10. binkie7

@asunanegi
    Sounds like a wise decison :)
    Or maybe it's time to call the 'geek squad'. Maybe they can get the files off of this one if you need them. Then reformat and start from scratch.
    Keep us posted - hopefully your next post will be good news :)

11. asunanegi

asunanegi Member

I'd rather not...some files I'd like to keep secret...

No, not warez, but.....

12. binkie7

LOL - I wouldn't ask :)
    What size hard drive do you have?

13. asunanegi

asunanegi Member

160gb...and around 500 megs of free space. ^_^;;