1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero burning problem

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by jersey23, Jul 13, 2005.

1. fan1bsb97

fan1bsb97 Member

Me again. I did everything...including that DMA thing, but it still says "off" in that log file.

And the 4x speed isn't working.

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@fan1bsb97 - 'fraid i've had to copy/paste most of the suggestions i made previously as you haven't done/addressed most of them

- wow that's real old, latest is 3.1.0.14a

- your burner can see it's a +R disc, but that's all it can recognise - get better media, such as Verbatim [bold]datalifeplus[/bold]

- drive doesn't recognise/like that media

- extract from here - http://www.nero.com/eng/FAQs_Error_Messages.html#9 -
    - drive doesn't recognise/like that media

- slow it down to 4x until you're confident you're getting good burns/good playback. you may want to stick to 4x.

Roxio and Nero don't tend to play well together - you're gonna have to UNINSTALL Roxio. If that doesn't work, INSTALL Roxio, then it should UNINSTALL correctly.. but either way you gotta get rid of it..

You are gonna have to address these problems, get rid of Roxio and try better media if you're gonna progress this....

3. fan1bsb97

fan1bsb97 Member

You don't understand I did all of that. It just doesn't ask me to make a logfile anymore. The program just closes. I have been doing it at 4x.

AND, I tried different media.

AND, I updated Nero.

AND, these CDs have worked before. I'm supposed to go out and buy new CDs for $50 for the slim chance they might work?

WHY do I have all these problems? I hate my computer....aRGH.

Once again - thank you for your help. But I did all those things.

4. fan1bsb97

fan1bsb97 Member

Forgot to say I also uninstalled Roxio.

And I just tried to open my project, and this error came up:

No DVD compatible recorder detected.

You can enable DVD based projects by checking the option 'Enable Image Recorder for all supported media types' in the application preferences.

5. creaky

@fan1bsb97 -

Nerovision logfile should be in C:\Program Files\Ahead\NeroVision\Nero<something>.log

- not sure exactly, but i know for a fact that Nero Burning Rom's logfile is in C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\Nerohistory.log so Nerovision's log is around there somewhere - Burning Rom appends all burns to the logfile in the background so it's always easy to chuck bits of it into notepad later, as far as i know Nerovision is the same..

...i can only go by what the logfile says you see....

6. fan1bsb97

fan1bsb97 Member

Ok I'm going to PM you the log file in that folder, because it's huge and I don't want to have to post that whole thing here lol.

Thanks for your help btw :)..again lol

7. creaky

lol, ok, but i'll have to post snippets of it with my suggestions back here... i just saw a private messages pop up so it's probably yours. (nerovision's logs are stupidly long, just loading page 1 each time is causing my (crappy) work pc to swap like mad as it's underpowered

8. fan1bsb97

fan1bsb97 Member

haha that's fine. I just didn't want to take up a whole page and 1/2 on the thread with it lol.

Ack stupid Nero. Why can't anything ever be easy with my comp?

9. creaky

@fan1bsb97 -
    we'll get there in the end, obviously the last resort is a new burner, but i (and the other guys) deal with so many of this kind of problem every night, that it's unlikely to be hardware, but you never know..ps i've deleted the PM and just posted the little bits here..

- your burner is still not fully recognising anything about your media other than its a +R disc

- splat!

Everything looks to be in order now, so all that's left to prove is the media - try some better discs - i wholeheartedly recommend Verbatim [bold]datalifeplus[/bold]

10. fan1bsb97

fan1bsb97 Member

But I have an entire pack of these discs...I can't just throw them out lol.

They are Dynex DVD+R. 8x, 120 min, 4.7 gig.

Is that really my only option? Because I've burned DVDs onto these discs a few months ago no problem.

11. creaky

yup, you need to shelve the dodgy media for now. trust me i do 20 or so of these threads nearly every night. Crap media is one of the biggest causes of burning problems. Put it this way, we have nailed down everything as far as the logfiles show. Buy a pack of Verbatim [bold]datalifeplus[/bold] for a few dollars and you can do 'Simulation' burns with the first disc out of the tub without actually writing to the disc. If you don't have a problem you're sorted; if you do have a problem your burner could be faulty. Either way all it's cost you is a tub of top notch media that you could get refunded, as my time here is free :)

..for the horrors of bad media see the 2nd link in my signature and see the hassle that crap & sup-par media causes, it keeps people like me busy/entertained for hours :)

12. fan1bsb97

fan1bsb97 Member

13. creaky

they look ok BUT i'm in the UK so don't know if those are the cheapest you can get (for instance i only buy in tubs of 25 for £8 plus postage). Have a look thru these Verbatim threads as a few of us banter about media constantly, there should be some cheaper deals in there -

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/173314
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/202156
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/209474
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/210676

This is one of the reasons i push good media so much, all the tweaking of settings is necessary, but more often than not bad media will always bit you on the bum. happened to me, and cost me a lot of money, but it's in that link in my sig..

Last edited: Jul 20, 2005
  14. fan1bsb97

fan1bsb97 Member

I just wanted to thank you. I bought some new DVDs and the problem was fixed. Thank you!

15. creaky

no worries, happy burning

tweak & burn