1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero burning problem.

Discussion in 'Software discussion' started by ptkut, Jan 26, 2018.

1. ptkut

ptkut Member

So this just started happening all of a sudden and i cant seem to find an answer on google so normally when i burn a dvd-video with nero 2014 it is pretty fast 5-6minutes to complete at 16x..For some reason now whenever i burn something, right at 50% , the burning process slows down drastically(burner gets really quiet) and the last half takes forever to burn(usually double the amount of time it used to take)

It still says burning started at 16x, and it is still in ultra dma mode. I also had a spare burner that i tried and it did the same thing and i am using the same blank dvds i always use. I then tried burning with WinX DVD Author and it burned perfectly fine withing a 5 minutes..So tried uninstalling and reinstalling nero, still does the same thing. Any ideas why this would happen?

2. aldan

aldan Active member

you should probably check out the nero forumns for this.i still run nero8 and periodically it decides to cause issues.this is why nero isnt used as much as it used to be.do you have any issues with winx dve author?

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

The log mentions having trouble writing to the disc,if it can't write to it then i would assume sector issues or bad batch of dvd's

4. aldan

aldan Active member

5. ptkut

ptkut Member

thanks, trying different dvds was my next step i will try later. i have been using smartbuy dvd-r for quite awhile now and havent had any issues. i guess it is possible i could of finally got a bad batch. will try new ones later.