1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero burning problems, was ok, now wont burn anything

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jonstock, Mar 13, 2005.

1. jonstock

jonstock Member

Rotary, I was using the software just fine and all of the sudden it just quit working. I don't think that any of the items you mention would have changed since I have not loaded any new software or hardware. The only other thing that I can figure is that one or more of the win auto updates has caused some type of error in Nero's software. Can you make any sense out of the error log? I have all the latest Nero updates installed as well. It won't burn to the hard drive and I have plenty of space on it. Any further suggestions?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Have you tried a system restore back to a point when your Nero was working fine?

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

ok i have found a couple of people with the same problem with nero!

now you could try BBmayo and use a restore piont!

1, download this ( ftp://ftp.nero.com/tools/wnaspi32.dll ) and put it in C:\Windows\System32 folder

even replace neros if you want?

try a burn

2, are your files you are loading separate ones? if so merge them! then burn as one file!

try a burn

=================================
    GCCORE is to do with directX 9.0 etc ! / or file format codecs, avi codecs for encoding / etc... ????
    =================================

also this part of your readme text?

[bold][19:07:33] NeroVision File 'Drivers\ADPU160M.SYS': Ver=v3.60a (Lab01_N(johnstra).010529-2218), size=101888 bytes, created 8/17/2001 2:07:32 PM
    [19:07:33] NeroVision File 'Drivers\PXHELP20.SYS': Ver=2.03.16a, size=20576 bytes, created 8/2/2004 2:03:00 AM (Prassi/Veritas driver for win 2K) [/bold]

PXHELP20.SYS <<<<< MINE IS SONY!

ADPU160M.SYS <<<<< THIS DOESNT EXIST ON MY PC !!!!!

not sure if this means anything but mine are from SONY not prassi/veritas?

also to note pirated download serials of nero will cause intermittent burns!

4. jonstock

jonstock Member

bbmayo - no I have not tried the restore yet. I would like to do that as my last option. Looks like it is coming close to that at this point.

rotary - What will the file do that I am replacing in your #1?
    2. No it is one file, no need to merge.

Should I see if there is an update for the directX 9.0?

I too have a Sony Burner.

This is not a pirated copy, unless Dell pirated it from HP or something...lol

Still no word back from Nero-tech support.

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

that file is from nero site and the one used in nero! aspi layer!

but this guy who had prob put it in system folder and his burnt disc were ok after!

same type error report!

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

@jonstock,
    If you are running the OEM version of Nero then I would reccomend you download the newest versions from Nero and use those instead. Those OEM versions have been knowin to have issues. Make sure you use the Nero clean tools available at there site to be sure you get rid of that OEM version completly before loading the Nero downloade from there site..

7. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Can you update oem suites? I thought you could only update the retail version.

8. jonstock

jonstock Member

I have been downloading and updating all of the Nero apps that was OEM on my new PC. I have never had trouble updating them. I will try some things tonight and let you all know what I come up with. Thanks for the help and keep posting ideas.

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I wouldn't even update the OEM suits. I would uninstall them also using the Nero clean tools and install a fresh copy of the trial version fully functional for 30 days. If that works then you may want to look at buying that full blown version :)

Here is a great place to buy Nero from. It's cheaper than buying it directly from Nero
    http://www.ibackups.net

10. voicu_n

voicu_n Member

So ...Still no GOOD solution to this problem :
    "[18:25:21] GCCore The following operation did not finish in the past 15 seconds: Grab still image (AVStillSource)
    " ...????

I mean i've tryed to uninstal some of my win updates ...but is the same ...even worse ...now i get somethimes from nerovision a error that says : "Bla bla ... The Memory Could not be read ..."

I also installed Ace Mega Codecs after removing the updates ...I dont know ...that might be the problem ????

Any ideeas ???? Thanks a lot !

11. voicu_n

voicu_n Member

Ok guys ...all of you who had this pr : "The following operation did not finish in the past 15 seconds: Grab still image (AVStillSource)"...

I've fix it for me ...: For the same avi file i get this error when i try to make dvd files ONLY if i make chapters ...I've tryed several times and with no chapters everything GOOD !!!!
    So to make your movie without chapters ...It helped me ...hope it is gonna help you tooo....:))))
    My Nerovision IS WORKING NOW !!!!!!!:))))))))))

LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKS ...

Oh ...and my "...memory could not be read ..." problem i've fix it by reinstalling windows xp, with no updates since SP2 and uninstalling Norton Antivir(wich i've heard may cause this problem...)...;)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  12. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Sorry you had to go through so much shit. Hopefully all will keep working correctly for you. Good luck.

13. voicu_n

voicu_n Member

What the fusk is that "wolfniggr"???????????????

14. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

voicu_n, erm, what planet are you on ?, you've landed slap bang in the middle of the wrong thread methinks. Plus it's too early for 'adult' language !

15. jonstock

jonstock Member

Found out the solution to my problem.

Per Nero Tech Support:

The log file shows that NVE 3100 is having trouble ‘Grabbing’ the image. This issue has already been reported, and has been fixed.

The next release of NVE3 should resolve your issue.

Till then, if you have the last release of NVE3 we had posted on our website last month, if you downgrade this will resolve your issue.

Unfortuneately, we do not have the old versions posted on our servers anymore. I’m requesting that in the future, they provide a link to the last web releases so as to avoid issues such as this in the future when a new Web release has bugs we did not detect before posting.

16. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi guys.....

Unfortuneately, we do not have the old versions posted on our servers anymore. I’m requesting that in the future, they provide a link to the last web releases so as to avoid issues such as this in the future when a new Web release has bugs we did not detect before posting.

YEAH RIGHT!!!

they are there!

ftp://ftp2.de.nero.com/software/NeroVisionExpress/NVE30114.exe

ftp://ftp2.de.nero.com/software/NeroVisionExpress/NVE21221.exe

ftp://ftp2.de.nero.com/software/CurrentVersion/NVE21216.exe

hehehe..............

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005