1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero burning question

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by recordss, May 29, 2007.

1. recordss

recordss Member

I hope this isn't a dumb question but when I first installed nero I was told to burn DVD's using nero recode. I have been downloading DVD's off of torrent sites which have been going into my system as VIDEO TS folders. I have been using recode instead of nero express which,I assume,is the proper way to burn these files. If the download is a standard DVD-5 and I'm burning them onto a DVD-5 is the quality the same if I'm using recode instead of nero express. Also, my DVD player plays both PAL and NTSC when the files are burned does it stay in the same format?

Thanks

2. attar

attar Senior member

If your player accepts PAL and NTSC then you have an advantage.

Nero Recode is a program that can take a dual layer DVD ( a non protected video) or a DVD compliant folder and shrink it down to fit on a normal, single layer, disk.
    It does not convert between PAL and NTSC, which means that if the source was PAL you get a PAL disk as output.
    Not a problem in your case.

Nero Express can take the PAL source and turn out a NTSC disk.It will also convert the menu, but the menu won't function in your NTSC only player.

If your source was an AVI file then Nero Vision 4 (the former Nerovision Express) can convert it to your chosen format (NTSC or PAL) and generate a working menu.

3. recordss

recordss Member

Thanks for the quick reply.
    The only other question I have is that is the quality the same if I used recode to do a standard burn. The reason I ask is i've done alot of burning and I just want to know if I have burned the best quality that I could have.

4. attar

attar Senior member

Nero Recode is based on DVD Shrink which is arguably the best program out there for compressing large DVD video files into a smaller container.
    If the source is the same size as the destination then there is no real reason for choosing Recode over Express.
    No conversion (except from PAL to NTSC if you so choose in Express) and no compression because the source and destination are the same size.