1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero burning rom

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cryoung, Feb 7, 2007.

1. cryoung

cryoung Member

hello everyone,i need help i am using nero start smart oem 6.6.1.4 it has everything except nero burning rom.but i would like to have nero burning rom.what version would i need to download to be compatible with the oem version i have and also can i download it for free or do i need to buy it.col tia.

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

3. cryoung

cryoung Member

gwendolin,thanks for your reply.say i delete my current nero oem version and download the two you suggest will i have to buy those two
    downloads, or are they free and can i use use my oem serial number.tia.col..

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Nope, your OEM serial number will not work. Burning-ROM's DVD-Video plug-in is one of the components Nero doesn't add to the OEM versions that come with drives and the like.
    You can probably complete the download but it will either give you some sort of error when you try to burn a DVD or turn into a trial version, even with your OEM serial.

They want you to buy the full version, which comes with the plug-in, or at least buy the DVD-Video plug-in separately.

5. cryoung

cryoung Member

fasfrank,thank's for the quick reply.no i would not like to buy the full version that includes nero burning rom can i buy a compatible version of nero burning rom just that..tia..col

6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

You can't get Nero burning ROM by itself. You could buy the DVD-Video plug-in from Here. I think you could get Express to burn with that.

What are you planning to burn? If just DVD, try out ImgBurn.