1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero burning sooooo slowly!

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by stowjim, Apr 5, 2007.

1. stowjim

stowjim Member

Hi,
    I recently installed Nero 6.3.1.18 to my pc running XP.

Nerovision worked fine. Created my own DVDs from vob files on my pc ets with menus and everything. Time to compress and burn 4 800MB sections of video with menus approx 1 hour 15min.

Now.... Recorded a tv program on recordable dvd player on extended play and converted it to compressed vob file with dvd shrink (as I did with previous example)and ended with 1 file approx 800MB. Tried to burn it to dvd with a menu using nerovision.

Estimated time 3h 50!

Any ideas why it takes so much longer to burn the file that originated from my dvd recorder?

thanks guys.

Jim.

2. dizzyduck

dizzyduck Regular member

Nerovision has always had a slow encoder. If you already have the VOB files and want to make a menu to accomadate it, try using DVD Lab. DVD Lab is a little more in depth as far as menu design, but with a little trial and error and little computer savviness, you should be able to figure it out in no time. Typically, for me, DVD Lab will compile a 4.5GB DVD with menus and video, in about 15-25 minutes, given that I already have the VOB files. Hope you give it a try, I think you'll enjoy it!

3. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member