1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Burning to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jedirobin, May 20, 2007.

1. jedirobin

jedirobin Member

I had a movie that I converted from divx to DVD using VSO DivxtoDVD, then used Nero to burn the all the files (BUP, PDVDFile, VOB). It does not work on my DVD player. It says "Cannot play" and on the screen it says "Prohibited by area limits". Does it make a difference on the order in which to write the files? or something else?

2. jedirobin

jedirobin Member

sry, I have the movie and would like to watch it on the big TV. The was a CD 1 and CD 2 and I converted them at the same time. I dont know where I went wrong. It cant be the DVD player cause I remember doing this before

3. chop2113

chop2113 Regular member

Your going to have to convert them seperately then burn the files on seperate disc's. Your files probably got corrupted when you converted them together.do them one at a time and then burn them on their own DVD's. There is a program where you can combine 2 dvd movies together ill post that back when i find it. but for now just one at a time ..

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Disc play in the pc just not the dvd player?

When you converted w/ divxtodvd did you set 'standard' to the tv format you're in? Like NTSC for US, PAL for Europe etc?
    Leaving it set at automatic doesn't always do it.

You can use VirtualDub to join the avi's - free, easy and fast.
    join avi's.
    You can then convert that file w/ divx.

5. leslyn

leslyn Member

I have a movie in AVI format that I can open and watch on my computer no problem, I can open it in Nero to burn to a DVD, however the sound is ahead of the video, how can adjust this? Please help.

6. binkie7

Hi leslyn
    Best bet is to start a new thread (forum rules too) - you're ? is different then jedirobin's too.
    Try another program too - like divxtodvd

7. jedirobin

jedirobin Member

Thanks for the replies!

Thats what was weird, it worked on the pc using winDVD but it didn't on the dvd player. I did leave it on automatic. ok, I'll try connecting them, then I'll try it again by setting to NTSC.

8. jedirobin

jedirobin Member

Another Note: I joined them together and selected force PAL. And theres about 30 messeges saying "Video Packet dropped due to error on frame #__". Can there be a problem with the video? I just want to be sure so I dont waste another dvdR

9. binkie7

There may be but 30 isn't too bad. Programs like Virutal Dub, ConvertX that I know show the number of dropped frames. If it's not that bad you shouldn't notice a diff.
    Yep set the the tv format to the one you're in - if it's pal then pick that one.
    Sometimes the area limitation error on the player means the dvd is in the wrong tv format (pal vs ntsc)

The other thing to check is if the dvd player accepts the format of media you're using - like - or + R. Though if it was made in the past few years it probably does.