1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rbakersc, Jul 10, 2003.

1. rbakersc

rbakersc Member

got some great help from you guys the other day, but still having one problem. there are a couple of great guides on burning with nero, but neither of them seem to refer to the version i have (5.5.10.42). having problems with standalone compatability. specifically, the chrismann guide refers to turning off the multisession option on dvd-rom udf/iso. well, my version only has this option on the dvd-iso option. any ideas? my player is a philips-magnavox dvd 825, which is listed as being compatible with dvd +r. burning onto maxell dvd +r's. thanks a lot, rob

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, burn as the DVD ROM UDF/ISO and make sure to have the files in a VIDEO_TS folder. I have 5.5.10.42 and it works.

Chris

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

yep no multissesion!

[​IMG]

4. HeeHawBoz

HeeHawBoz Member

Hello,
    my advice is still to go with the DVD-Video and Book-type DVD-Rom combination. Give that a try if you are having no luck. It adds all the folders in for you so you only have to drop the files in the right place.

[​IMG]

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i always use udf/iso plays in stanalones ps2 and computer like the original!

Thx//

6. HeeHawBoz

HeeHawBoz Member

Rbakersc

Any guide that was written before version 5 5 10 35 of Nero was released (less than a month ago) is out of date when it comes to +Rs.

Nero used to be rubbish for writing +Rs, but with this version the compatibility issues were fixed. I have written you a guide and uploaded it here:

http://members.aol.com/caitken683/

All of my discs now work in every player I try and that includes the players that were totally incompatible previously. Before this version of Nero I had to use IMGtools and DVD Decrypter to burn a compatible disc.

It's very simple and there's no harm in giving it a go. I have just installed Nero version 42 and the steps are all the same.

7. HeeHawBoz

HeeHawBoz Member

Sorry, it's called Neroburn.doc

8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

http://members.aol.com/caitken683/neroburn.doc

thats a nice easy to read tute!

EXCELLANT!_X_X_X_X_X_[small]XP 1700 TBred [o/c 2004mhz = 12X167/33 = FSB-334mhz]
    A7V8X SATA150/RAID 2x80 gig [Bios 1012]
    HERCULES 3D PROPHET [9700 Pro]
    XMS Corsair Platinum pc3500 2x512 1024 meg
    ENERMAX PSU 550watts
    [​IMG] [/small]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2003
  9. HeeHawBoz

HeeHawBoz Member

Thanks, Rotary.

It works for me, so I hope it will do some good for other folks.

10. rbakersc

rbakersc Member

thanks a lot for the guide, heehaw. really appreciate it. one problem, though. my nero just does not have the "book type dvd-rom" option on the burn tab. i have the demo version of 5.5.10.42, could that be it? hope so, i'm willing to buy it if it'll help. thanks again, rob

11. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

hey wait for a while and buy Nero 6, dont buy 5.5.10.42 yet!

12. rbakersc

rbakersc Member

but do you think the fact that i have the demo version is the reason i don't have the "book-type dvd rom" option on the burn tab of dvd-video?

13. HeeHawBoz

HeeHawBoz Member

Rbakersc

I don't know about the demo version at all. I did a quick search on Nero Book Types and these people here:

http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/25142

seem to be saying there are burners that do not support the changing of book type, which seems strange to me. I recommend you make sure your ASPI drivers are up to date and that you have your +R recorder highlighted in Nero's "choose recorder" option before you begin your compilation. The only way I can get the box to disappear is if I have my Memorex CD-burner highlighted instead of my Phillips.

I found out all about book-type by accident. I discovered that if I used DVD Decrypter to make an ISO image of a DVD I had already burned in Nero (one that didn't work properly) the new copy worked. I put the two copies into my PC while running DVD Decrypter in ISO Read mode and noticed that the good copy said:

Physical Format Information:
    Book Type: DVD-ROM

in the window on the right, and the bad copy said:

Physical Format Information:
    Book Type: DVD+R

DVDDecrypter was turning the disc into a DVD-ROM while making the image.

So you could try that as well. Take one of the films you've already done in Nero and use Decrypter to Read and then Write an ISO image from it.

I always use CloneCD's ASPI layer by going into TOOLS/SETTINGS in Decrypter, then clicking on the I/O tab and under "Interface" selecting ElbyCDIO. The SPTI one didn't work for me.

If that works for you, then you may want to familiarise yourself with IMGtools. You can make your DVD-ROM image with that and burn with Decrypter, thus avoiding the wasted disc in Nero.

One last thought. Is there a firmware update for your drive?

14. HeeHawBoz

HeeHawBoz Member

15. rbakersc

rbakersc Member

thanks for all the help, HeeHawBoz. i used dvdDecrypter to read a disc, and it turns out that somehow it is being turned into a dvd-rom. at least it says: Physical Format Information: Book Type: DVD-ROM just like you said. my dvd player is listed as supporting dvd+r's, so perhaps i should somehow stop it from being burned as book-type? i can't imagine how i'm doing that since i still can't find the option on nero. i'm unclear on the clone cd thing. after i make the changes you talked about on DVDDecrypter (to ElbyCDIO), am i utilizing the function on Clone CD you're talking about? do i have to have it open while decrypting, burning, or what? thanks again, man. rob

16. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

I was just writing about a similar topic in the "Advanced" forum. I was at wits end getting DVD-R to work in one of my three players (NERO burned discs wouldn't work in any of the three players).
    I solved it by using RecordNowMax, which took no fiddling and produced discs compatibale with all three players. Here's the thread:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/42065
    And here's a link to a RecordNowMax guide (30 day free trial available):
    http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/user_guides.htm
    Good luck...

17. HeeHawBoz

HeeHawBoz Member

No, you can ignore CloneCD from now on. We just wanted the ASPI drivers installed so that you would have the option to use them in Decrypter.

I'm sorry you are still having no luck after all this because I don't know what to do next. This is how I got round my problems with my Phillips DVDRW228 and things have been plain sailing ever since, so it looks like you need a solution tailored to your particular burner.

Yuriv suggests using RecordNow Max rather than Nero, but I have exactly the same LG DVD-R drive and I use Nero with no problems. Obviously there's more comes into it, which leads me back to ASPI drivers. Have a look here:

http://aspi.radified.com/

Also, are you using a re-writable for your burning just now? I can't get re-writables to work at all in my two standalone players.