1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero-burnt DVD folders inaccessible in Windows XP

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Liffey, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Liffey

Liffey Member

Hi,

I have a problem with an ISO DVD+R I burnt with Nero a while ago. There are a couple of folders on the disc that I can't open in Windows XP (SP2). There is no reaction from XP when I double-click on the folder in Explorer, nor when I right-click on them. I can't open the folder or copy it in command prompt either. It just says "The system cannot find the path specified."

I was able to circumvent this in two different ways - either by writing an image of the disc with Nero and using Daemon Tools to access the files or by using the short form of the folder name obtained by dir/x in command prompt and moving the files to a hard disk.

However, I'd like to know what might be the problem with the DVD+R - if there's some setting or bug in Nero that causes this.

The ISO settings were ISO 9660/Joliet (Level 1), ISO 9660 character set and "Allow more than 64 characters for Joliet names" was checked, the other Relax restrictions options unchecked. The disc has just one session that is burnt with multisession, and the disc hasn't been closed. The names of the folders that are inaccessible were cut by Nero when burnt. In case it's about the folder or file names, here's an example of the complete path of a file in the folder:

Any ideas what might cause the inaccessibility of the folders? I have at least one other disc that was burnt with the same settings in Nero (as far as I remember). It also had a couple of folder names cut by Nero but seems to work faultlessly.

2. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

why are u using multisession?

just wsit until you have enough to fill the disc then burn afterwards

if this is not possible - try finalising the disc see if its accessible then

if it is you know the disc needs to be finalised