1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero CD-DVD Speed issue

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by hobbit112, Apr 25, 2007.

1. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Hi All,

I've recently encountered a problem with CDSpeed hanging at the layer break on a couple of DL disks(same movie). The disks are Ritek but the initial scans (the first half of the disks) are reporting a 93-95 quality and the graphs look good. I downloaded the new version of CDSpeed and experienced the same problem. I also updated my firmware on my burner to the latest with the same result. I've burned the disk three times, twice with Imgbrn and once with Nero, and both programs report a sucessful burn but again, same hang. It appears CDSpeed hits the layer break and can't cross. The program does NOT error out, it just waits, but the drive is no longer turning (the light goes out and no tell-tale vibration).

I've been able to scan other disks no problem. Could it be that particular movie itself? Seems odd that the both burning programs reported a sucessful burn.

Anyone else run across this?

Any suggestions/comments welcome!

2. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Life is so strange....,

Well, here's the lastest update.

I have found that if I keep my little hands off things, the scan resumes and does finish. I found this out yesterday. I had started a scan of one of the above mentioned disks and went to work. When I came home there was a finished scan.

As I feel I'm starting to suffer from old-timers disease (I couldn't remember if it was one of the above disks or a different movie(name's to long for the display in CD Speed)), I re-ran the scan again with the suspect movie this morning. Again, the scan stopped at the layer break and then, eventually, resumed and finished.

I'd estimate that the scan took 45 minutes to 1 hour to complete.

I expected, and I think everyone would, to have a VERY poor scan, but that's not the case.

Here's the scan:

[​IMG]

Isn't Life Strange?

Anyone else experience this?

3. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

I think I might be onto something.

Note the jitter line on the above scan. At the layer break (just before the 4 gig line) it plunges to almost the base line. This is when CD-DVD Speed "hangs". Apparently something wierd is happening at the layer break regarding jitter.

This is on a Ritek+R DL disk.

Note this next scan:

[​IMG]

CD-DVD Speed did not "hang" in the scan of this disk.

This is a Verbatim +R dl disk.

Note the small plunge of the jitter line at the layer break.

I'm guessing that Ritek is having difficulties in the manufacture process with the transition and the second layer.

I'll check to see what other DLs I've burned in the past and post some more scans to see what the results are.