1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero CD-Speed Disc Info Problem, Please HELP!

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by SuperG03, Mar 26, 2003.

1. SuperG03

SuperG03 Member

Hi ALL,

I was just wondering about this Disc Info. Option under the Extra menu. Whenever I goto it, I get no information. The screen comes up, and it has the copy and exit buttons at the bottom. But next to all the information Manufact, Code, Disc Type, etc. I just get a "-" and nothing else. I know that CD-ROMs cannot read the ATIP information, but CDR/RWs can. I have a Ricoh 7200A CDR/RW drive. I don't understand why it does not display any information. I have tried using Burnatonce, a free burning program, that also has the disc. info. function, and using it I am able to get the information I need. "Alcohol 120%" software also works to read the info. However, I much rather prefer Nero & CD Speed. So if there is something I am doing wrong please let me know. I am using CD Speed version 1.02 and Nero version 5.5.10.15a (the latest). I also am using Windows XP Pro. with no ASPI layer installed, but Nero installs its own "WNASPI32.DLL" with version 2.0.1.59, so I believe that is fine, since CD Speed is already attached with Nero. Is there something else I have to install or uninstall to get it working? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

SuperG03

2. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Are you running CloneCD or Alcohol 120% in the system tray. If so then you could have enabled "Hide CD-R Media" (CloneCD) or "Ignore Media Type" (Alcohol 120%). Make sure you disable both.

3. SuperG03

SuperG03 Member

chriso123,

I have uninstalled CloneCD and I have made sure Alcohol 120% is not running or in the system tray, and yet still the same problem. Any other suggestions would be great. Thanks

SuperG03

4. SuperG03

SuperG03 Member

chriso123,

Never mind my last reply. I didn't realize that the "Ignore Media Type" was affecting it, even though Alcohol 120% was NOT running. Everything works great now. Thanks so much.

SuperG03

5. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

No problem.

6. OhSoS

OhSoS Member

i don't have a "Disc Info" option under the Extras menu; i only have a "Medium-Info" option under the Recorder menu.
    Nero version 5.5.9.17.
    the medium-info displays only the capacity of the media; not the manufacturer, or any other information.
    is the manufacturer info unique to version 5.5.10 and up?

7. SuperG03

SuperG03 Member

OhSoS,

The information I am talking about is not in "Nero" the burning program. I am talking about an extra program the comes bundled with it. If you goto "Start ---> Programs ---> (name of folder instaled, i.e. ahead nero), and then under Nero Toolkit, you will see something called Nero CD Speed. This is the program I am refering to, and this one had the disc. info choice under extra. Hope this helps.

SuperG03

8. OhSoS

OhSoS Member

ah....i do appreciate it.
    didn't realize how powerful this program can be.
    thanks!

9. vortex

vortex Member

It is also possible to display manufacturers info
    in the Medium info option under Recorder menu in Nero.
    Just click on Refresh while holding down Shift key.

10. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member