1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Computer Crashes

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Lowfront, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Lowfront

Lowfront Member

For some reason tonight my computer keeps on crashing every time I start to transcode an avi to burn to dvd.

It will get say 20% done and then my computer just crashes and turns itself off.

Really weird and very bothersome.

Once time when I restarted this came up dbgeng.dll was not found.

But only once time. I downloaded that file and put it in my win32 folder but didn't help.

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. Lowfront

Lowfront Member

well that is the problem...

Very weird as I have never had problems before. Its a thinkpad x60.

If I set the cpu to low its fine. See if it finishes like this but when encoding on normal cpu the levels were instantly red.

What happened where its now a problem? Is there a way I could take care of this?

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Check that your air vents in your case are not blocked with dust or dirt. If those are clear, then you have to take the case apart to get at your CPU heatsink and fan. It probably has a good accumulation of dust that needs vacuumed/blown out.

If you are not sure how to do this, take it in to your local computer shop and get it cleaned and checked. You don't want to void any warranty you have.