1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero conversion files are somewhere on my pc

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by snake2005, Jul 3, 2005.

1. snake2005

snake2005 Guest

When I convert a xvid for example on nero vision express . after im done it asks me if i want to save the project I click no . the file is no longer in the nero files , imported , exported video ect . but the gbs are not being removed from my pc ! i Have about 10gbs on my pc from nero vision express burns and conversions , but i dont know where the files are to delete them . and i have only a 40gb hardrive . This has happened twice in a row now both times the burn failed and the converted files [ the ones that didnt burn ] are somewhere on my pc .

can anyone help me to find these files and make room on my hardrive . Ive got about 20 gbs on my hardrive that i know should be there , yet i only have 2 gbs off room left !

2. matt72

matt72 Regular member

try looking in the my documents folder as they may have stored there as a default folder. If not open my computer, double click your C drive, double click the folder that says program files. Now choose the folder that is usually named ahead as that is the nero file. Either 1 of those 2 locations you will find the files you are looking for.

3. snake2005

snake2005 Guest

nope . there is nothing there . Ive checked all over the local disk files . I dont think its showing up . I think i may need somekind of repair tool

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

have a look in c:\program files folder in windows explorer, then right click on the 'ahead' folder and see if it's massive. Then drop down a few directories doing the same until you find the guilty directory. Better still there's a fantastice free program called TreeSize Pro - http://www.jam-software.com/treesize, install that, then right click on say, 'ahead' folder and the guilty directory will be obvious from the huge bar chart display etc

5. matt72

matt72 Regular member

thanks creaky I was just looking for something like jam to give to snake. I suspect they are in c: documents and settings/ all users/ documents (not locally accesible). Hmm is treesize free as I see an icon to buy. OOps nevermind I see its freeware

Last edited: Jul 4, 2005
  6. creaky

yeah, cus i don't use nerovision i didn't know for sure where the files go, so did a google but that didn't turn anything up, so took the easy option. I've only been recommended to use it recently and think it's brilliant.
    You're probably right on target with the 'documents and settings' location

Last edited: Jul 4, 2005
  7. snake2005

snake2005 Guest

thanks Creaky. treesize worked great , i cleared allmost 10 gbs on my hardrive .

8. creaky

cool. nice one, happy burning..