1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero convert DVD+R to VCD

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mr2mike, May 9, 2006.

1. mr2mike

mr2mike Member

I copied some TV with my DVD recorder and my car DVD player doesn't read this format. Can I convert the *.VOB files to a VCD format using Nero so I can play this stuff in my car?

I tried it out and the VOB file converts to like 52 seconds of video but the VOB file is like over a gig big. How do I get it to convert the whole thing? Do I have to do a intermediate convert step like convert to MPEG or something?

Or use a different program.

Thanks

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

I don't really know an answer, but there are several guides that might help you out, check that section.

I guess I am a little unclear in what format you have and what format you want. Does the Original burned DVD play in any of your Set Top DVD players?

Does the DVD Recorder have an option to "close" or "finalize" the recording?

Do you have any Nero software already?

3. neronut

neronut Regular member

In NeroVision you can import the dvd, if you drag in the vob files its not as good beacuse they are the video/audio all split up in 1GB incraments to comply to standarrds. There is an option to import the disc in the crate VCD part of NeroVision. If not you can always select all vobs with the same name, ie vts_01_x.vob, and drop them into NeroVision and then merge them.

4. mr2mike

mr2mike Member

Saltgrass: I think the DVD only play on the DVD recorder unit. I do think that it does have a finalize function, I just have to take a look to see if I can get it to work. I do have Nero Software, I'm on a different computer so i don't know which version, sorry.

Neronut: I know what you mean when you drag and drop it seems to have some video broken into segments. I will try to import the whole disk if I can. Nerovision is a seperate piece of software? I will mess around with the software I have some more and if I can't get it to work I will look more into NeroVision and also I will get better details for you all.

Thanks for the input so far...

5. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

6. mr2mike

mr2mike Member

Ok I guess Nero Vision is what I was looking for. It seems to work perfectly, I'm just encoding the videos right now but I'm sure it will burn correctly into a VCD in the end.

Thanks alot for your help!