1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero - Crop Extras

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Lobo3232, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Lobo3232

Lobo3232 Member

Using the latest update of Nero Ultra, I often disable the extras when recoding a DVD movie (in order to maximize the quality of the copy on the 4.7GB backup). This results in the insertion of a blue screen in place of the disabled extras. I thought I read somewhere that it is possible to then crop the blue screen out before burning so you don't have to wait 1-5 minutes for the movie to play. Is there any truth to this rumor?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If you have Nero Ultra you should have Nero Recode in there. This is very similar to DVD Shrink in operation except it can't decrypt like Shrink. However it gives you the option to edit a dvd and burn the MOVIE only part of the dvd. If you do it right your copy should go straight to the start of the movie and play without any blue screen or blank spots.

Jerry

3. Lobo3232

Lobo3232 Member

I use dvddecrypter then nero recode. After Nero Recode analyzes the Movie Disk it then shows the Title, Menu, and Extras. At that point I disable the extras to gain approx 1GB of space on the Backup. This sometimes results in a wait for the movie. Are you referring to one of the other applications (other than Recode)contained in Nero Ultra that should be used to cut the part that contains the extras? If so, are you saying to recode it 1st then use that file in another Nero app to cut it?

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi lobo, I got your PM. Sorry I must have unchecked this thread by accident so I didn't get a follow-up message. When you open Recode you get 3 choices to pick from.
    1. Recode entire dvd to dvd
    2. Recode main movie to dvd
    3. Remake a dvd.

If you want Movie Only with no extras use the #2 selection. You will only get the main movie with no extras or blank spots that take up space. I think this is what you are looking for.

Jerry

5. Lobo3232

Lobo3232 Member

Jerry, Thanks for the response. I'll look for that app on my next attempt.

6. Lobo3232

Lobo3232 Member

Jerry, I Found the "Main Movie" option that you referred to and it worked fine. My inability to find it originally was because I was opening Recode 2 by using the Icon in Smart Start. If, instead I open Recode using the list of Apps in Smart Start, it opens to the interface that you told me about. Thanks again, Lobo

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Glad you got it working the way you want it to. Good Luck.

Jerru