1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Demo

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by BigChief1, Apr 5, 2004.

1. BigChief1

BigChief1 Member

What up folks!!

I am a new fan of DVD Shrink. Thanks to ScubaPete. Pete if you are out there, respond to this one. I have been using Shrink with Nero. My dumb a$$ lost my activation code to my Nero Disk and I am waiting for Nero customer service to get me a new one. In the meantime I downloaded the Nero demo and it won't work for sh!t. It tells me that the blank DVD-Rs do not have enough space for this compilation. What the f*ck is this!! I have been forced to use X-Copy. Imagine my horror. Please help.

2. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

hiya chief......hows it going??????

just how new to shrink are you?????

if you have the latest version then you can use DVD Decrypter to burn you blank media.

decrypter like our good friend shrink is also a freebie and can be found via the "home" tab at top of this screen.

3. BigChief1

BigChief1 Member

OK. So I download Decripter(SP) and how do I use them together. Do I run Shrink first then decripter? Thanks for answering also.

4. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

run shrink and cut out all the bits you dont want as you did before. then check in the preferences section that you have "burn with nero" unticked

after you click "back up" in the target device tab you can choose to create iso image. select this.

make a note of where shrink will put this image or browse to where you want to put it. then click ok and let shrink do it's business.

when it has finished you can launch decrypter and under the mode tab select iso write.........point it to you newly created image.......and to your dvd burner......and away you go.

come back if you have any more probs.

i aint the best in the world at putting into words what i'm thinking........but i promise we will get there.........:)

viper

5. BigChief1

BigChief1 Member

viper6699 you are the mane!! Man F*ck Nero. I am rolling. I did exactly like you said and I was able to burn a copy but I haven't tried it in my home DVD player because I had to go to work. Hope it works. I was wondering though. How do you delete stuff from your movie using Shrink. I seem only to compress stuff but not delete it. I know I should read the guide but hey, me and patience do not go together. Also I was told by one of my friends that Shrink lowers the quality of the movie because of compression. How true is this? Thanks

Chief

6. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

to cut out the bits ya dont........open shrink then either open disk or open files which ever is appropriate.

click on re-author and right hand side of screen will display what is available on your disc/files.

double click on the part yo want to burn and this will now be copied to the left hand side of screen. while it is still highligthed o right of screen, click on compression settings.......here you'll find a list of other bits you may not need like foriegn subtitles/ audio (subpicture BTW is subtitles)

once you have chopped all the bits ya dont want.....select back up and carry on as you did before.

hope this helps
    viper

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey there BigChief1, Glad you're well on the road, Viper has given you excellent advise -

BTW, Nero gets a little "Flighty" so what you want to do is uninstall it then reinstall it and it will settle down and behave itself -

Me, I like DVD Decrypter to burn too - BUT, when you have time, checkout Nero recode 2 - something like DVD Shrink but better end results me thinks :p)

See ya round there Buddy,

Pete

PS Doing good there Viper, way to go -

8. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

thanks pete......:)

9. ex2576

ex2576 Guest

I am new and I followed the directions on how to copy with dvd shrink and decrypter. After I shrink the video and then try to use the decrypter I have a problem with decrypter recognizing the file type of the compressed movie. If anyone can help I would appreciate it! The files that it cannot read are video_ts, any suggestions??

Thanxs,
    Kory

10. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

if you want decrypter to burn your result from shrink then you must (in the back up options of shrink) create a .iso image on your hd.

decrypter should quite happily burn this for you.

so when you click back-up......you need to set the target to iso disc image and also make a note of where dhrink is going to put this image (or change it to a location of your choice. At the bottom of the window is an option to launch decrypter to burn this image......make sure you have this ticked.....and away you go.

let us know how you get on
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]life is like a shit sandwich.......the less bread you have.....the more shit you have to suffer!!!![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2004
  11. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

ex2576, Welcome to our Club :) -

When you have DVD Shrink set for VIDEO_TS - Nero will burn it for you - You can get Nero 5.5 for about $10.00 - "Google" for it -
    If you buy Nero 6. it works great too -

Otherwise - What the Viper told you does great :)

Pete

12. ex2576

ex2576 Guest

Hello,

Thanks for the help, but I still can't seem to get it to see the back up iso image on the hd. In decrypter's log it says that my hard drive is a fat32 and will not support single files greater than 4G. Is that why decrypter won't see the stored image? Do you guys know how to incress my single file to more than 4 gig?

Thanks for your help!!!
    Kory

13. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

ex2576,

You should upgrade to NTFS - There's no way to put anything larger than 4 Gig on Fat32. I even checked with the king of the net, drchips - No Way!!!

Pete

14. Doohickey

Doohickey Member

Heya Pete ;),
    So, if I'm reading that right..if you are using Fat32, you cannot use the Shrink/decrypter method? I hadn't heard that said before. ISO image is not broken into 1 gig chunks like VIDEO_TS is? I still haven't tried shrink/decrypter (as you can tell).
    Doo ;)

15. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Doo,

When you're setup with Fat32 the largest file size you are allowed is 4GB. So yes, the answer is No. When using DVD Shrink burning VOB's to your VIDEO_TS folder, all your stuff is broken into 1GB file sizes so no problemo with Fat32. I haven't used that on my HD since I was using 95', many moons ago, kind of forgot about the ISO size thingie. - With NTFS you don't have that problem :)

Pete

"P"
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1GB RAM.
    340GB HD, 7200 (Maxtor 120, Western 200 & 20.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, HP DVD Writer 200j,
    Nec 4X DVD RW ND-1300A & AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP sp1.[/small]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2004
  16. Doohickey

Doohickey Member

Thanks Pete,
    I was afraid you were gonna say that ;/

I guess I've put off converting to NTFS long enough, eh?

Stoopid Microsoft!.. (grumble grumble)...NTFS is obviously a better file system...why on earth is Fat32 still the default system with XP. It should be the other way around (grumble grumble)

Talk to ya soon...Doohicky ;)