1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Disc Quality Test

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by shark29, Apr 14, 2005.

1. shark29

shark29 Member

I thought I had posted this yesterday but I dont see the thread, even under search. I was just wondering, what is considered a good score using Nero's disc quality test? It seems that with any increase at all in PIF errors, say a total of 2 which is still excellent, the score drops to 93, if PIF's hit 3, the score drops to 89. These results are excellent from reading about these errors and seeing other Kprobe results on cdfreaks. I think they said anything more than 32 PIF errors is what you should worry about. Just seems odd that the scores drop so drastically with every +1 PIF spike. It appears that a score of 80 or above would be considered an excellent burn. Anyone else had any experiences with this test?

2. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

I agree with you shark29 anything above 80 would be a good score. When I burned 12 and 16X on verbatum the score was 0. That's the reason it would not play on settop boxes. I went to verbatum MCC003 8X burned at 6x got a score=94. That's what I burn everything on now.

Good Luck

Spacedust..