1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero dvd help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by slowbuyin, Nov 25, 2007.

1. slowbuyin

slowbuyin Member

I purchased an i/omagic external dvd rewritable drive dual format double layer. This comes with nero software oem software. express 3, and 6. Here is the problem. I know a site were I can d/laod many 9-11 videos. The site encourages you to make copies and pass them out to friends. So, I d/load the vids to my hard drive, burn then using nero, they play great on my cpu but not on the dvd player I have hooked up to my tv. This is a regular dvd player purchased for use with a tv. Or on any one elses tv cd,dvd player. They seem to play ok for about fifteen minutes then they jump ahead almost to the end of the video. What am I doing wrong. I have read , and re-read, and re-read the help files. I have printed them so I can read and play. Just can't seem to comprehend it. anyone for help . please

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hmmm, could be 2 things as it seems the process you tiook to make the dvd sounds good...

1 printed labels stuck to dvdR can spin the discs badly!

2 the discs used are "el cheapo media"

use either dvd identifier or dvdinfopro to tell us the makers id and dye info used on the discs...

3. slowbuyin

slowbuyin Member

I originally purchased a spindel of 120 verbatim dvd+r, then switched to memorex -r...these were the recommended media for the i/omagic. The first couple ofburns took 8 to 9 hours. Can't figure my mistakes.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

so the verbs burned quickly for you like 12 mins and memosuck took 8 hours?

5. slowbuyin

slowbuyin Member

So now my nero software says time is up. When I purchased the burner the software came with it. OEM original equiptment manufacturer. so now what do I do. I have win 2000 net. everything is for vista.

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

use imgburn a free app