1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero DVD+R Questions

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by robnyt, Jan 15, 2005.

1. robnyt

robnyt Member

Posted to this site before and many advise AGAINST using Nero. Decided to see for myself. Been authorizing & burning avi video files to DVD+R's w/only NeroVision Express 3. Results are mixed. Couple are DVD clarity copies while majority are "VHS'y" and lightly pixilated. Should be better based on quality of the source. Also, some appear Widescreen while others full-frame.

Questions:

1) Under "Default Video Options" at the start, Would SVCD be better than VCD?
    2) would "Aspect ratio" be better if instead of Automatic I used 4:3 or 16:9?
    3) Trying flix now that doesn't fit with either "High Quality" or "Standard". Should "Long Play" not even be an option if I want the pic to look good?

2. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

I dont think many advise against using it, probably the opposite. How are you using svcd/vcd for dvds??? that is a cd function. Any encodinf from 1 format to another to another will result in loss of quality
    A1)svcd is better quality but fits less
    A2)Iv always used automatic so cant tell you
    A3)If you want it to look good then burn to a dvd using NVE 'make dvd' function

3. robnyt

robnyt Member

[bold]How are you using svcd/vcd for dvds??? that is a cd function.[/bold]
    ***Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology. NVE3: "Make DVD" to "DVD Video" to "Add Video Files" to "Burn". What do you call what I'm making here (aside from a mess)?

[bold]Any encoding from 1 format to another to another will result in loss of quality[/bold]
    ***Is there any other way around this? I would think not.

[bold]1)svcd is better quality but fits less[/bold]
    ***Considerably less?

[bold]3)If you want it to look good then burn to a dvd using NVE 'make dvd' function[/bold]
    ***Which I have been doing. Does the setting ("Long Play", etc.) not matter?