1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero errors with Vision/ Burning Rom

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by N2DEEP, Feb 17, 2007.

1. N2DEEP

N2DEEP Member

I have a couple of different issues and I hope to find some help here.

Issue #1

I have a two part avi movie. These are labeled as cd1 and cd2. I used Nero Vision to input the videos. I then use the Merge button (could be my mistake), go thru the process and then burn.

I went and "burned" it to my hard drive and into the vob files. From there I noticed that even tho in Vision I selected automatic to fit on a DVD-5 disc, it made the vob files and in recode it came out to 6.25 gigs worth. Not sure why it added that much more but it did.

In Recode I re-transcoded it so that it would fit on a single DVD. Once it had transcoded I then burned to to a single disc. During playback it was horrendous. It had a constant popping, and the video jumped every second or so, so what am I doing wrong? The log files said successful, so I did not keep them. I also flashed the firmware for my DVD burner (and restarted my pc) right before I started this.

The good thing is that it fit on 1 dvd, but the apparent transcoding was awful. I am using Nero Ultra version 7.2.0.3.

Issue #2

Very similar to above, but I had a single avi file, ran it thru Nero Vision, and did a direct burn to dvd disc. Evrything seemed ok and it completed after about an hour and a half. I then put the dvd into a player and the black bars above and below 16:9 would flash purple every other second, making the video seizure inducing at best.

Each video or video set is NOT a copyrighted video, it is camcorder videos. Also, each video was an Xvid. On a side note, I tried to use AVI2DVD to make the files as well, and it just dies in the middle of doing its processes. It tells me to reference a line in the log file, and that line is not in the file.

Again any help would be appreciate, or request info as needed to help me.

2. N2DEEP

N2DEEP Member

bumpity bump bump