1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"nero.exe has encountered an error" message

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by bhutz, Jan 20, 2006.

1. bhutz

bhutz Member

Hi Guys,
    Without sounding mean I am hoping that someone else has run into the same problem that I was having.

Basically I have Nero 7 and trying to open the following option in smart start..."burn DVD-Video files". I have managed to use this option just fine until yesterday which is confusing as I have changed no options.

Now when I try and open this or nero.exe I get the error message "nero.exe has encountered an problem and needs to close.

I am trying to download the update from here [bold]http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/nero7-up.php[/bold] in the hope it will solve my problem...the release notes [bold]http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/Nero_Burning_ROM_7_Release_Notes.html#a1[/bold] suggest that it fixes a similar problem...

On some systems Nero Burning ROM could not run and terminated with an error message

Has anyone heard of this issue before...it is just weird to me how everything was fine and now it doesn't seem to want to work :(

2. gear79

gear79 Guest

you may have to do another install..
    is it a legal copy or pirated?
    uninstall it and reinstall... use nero clean tools to get rid of it all, also, do a manual search just to be sure, then you will have to do a re-boot.
    do you happen to have a nero log file, or you just cant open it period?
    if you have a log, post it, perhaps we can find some clues threre..
    here is the link for clean tools

http://ww2.nero.com/nero6/enu/Clean_Tools.html

let me know

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2006
  3. jbelder

jbelder Member

Did you try to open Nero vision while Nero burning Rom was open? Thats what would happen in the first version 7.0.0.0 try the newest version after you use the general clean tools. It is 7.0.1.4b. That was one of the bugs in the early version thats fixed now.

4. moose2006

moose2006 Guest

i and almost everyone i know had this problem and re installing it doesnt work and nor does nero clean, the only way to be able to re install it is to go through the registry manually and remove all evidence of, the best thing to do is to just go back to nero 6 which i use without a single problem,who needs the extra bit nero 7 has when there are far better programs out there to do all those tasks with perfect results

5. bhutz

bhutz Member

The update seemed to fix the problem...I think jbelder may have hit the nail on the head as I seem to remember always going through smartstart to open the wizard for burning dvd-video files, then I'm sure I tried an alternative method and after that the problems occured.

Thanks for your help guys...things seem to be just fine now.