1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Express Essentials

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mipak15, Apr 12, 2015.

1. mipak15

mipak15 Newbie

I hope this posting is in the right slot ... if not, I hope some kind person will point out my error and I'll re-post it in the correct slot.

I'm running Nero on a W7 computer (previously XP) and have been doing so using mp3 files for many years without any problems or queries. Till now!!

I use CD-R/CD+R disks which have limits of 700megs and 80 minutes which suit me just fine.

This afternoon, I started to load 21 x mp3 files which totalled well below 700 but they exceeded the 80 min. limit by 1m 40secs. I managed to reduce this to 80min 49secs so decided to activate the overburn on a CD.
    The result was that it wouldn't playback in my VLC Media Player and the recorded side looked suspiciously blank! It had already previously warning me of possible negative results.
    Then I tried a DVD+R DL which, according to Neros's help file, says that it would work okay .....
    "If the DVD burner is capable of burning DVDs with 2 layers (DVD DL), and if you want to burn files larger than 4483 MB, you can select the DVD9 (8152 MB) option from the drop-down menu.
    Available for DVD-Videos only".

If I've understood all this correctly (I have my doubts!), my question is this ... where do I find the link for the 'option from the drop-down menu'?

Any help from anyone will be very much appreciated.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

you need to forget about finding the drop down as you won't see it till you start the program & get to the program window where the mp3 files get loaded,then you'll see it bottom right in nero express

3. mipak15

mipak15 Newbie

hi ... and thank you for your help.
    the only buttons at the bottom right in the nero window where i drag and drop the mp3 files are 'back' & 'next' ... nothing else. above them down the right side, there are 'properties' and 'normalise etc' & 'no pause etc'. the last 2 are unticked. when i hit 'next', it goes to the name and title page after which is 'burn'.
    and my fault ... i forgot to mention that i'm running nero 7. would that be the reason why i can't find what you suggested?

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Can't remember options for nero 7.If you don't have option to create a music dvd under the music selection then you may have to burn it as a data dvd,or use imgburn instead.Use a re-writeable dvd to test with