1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero - extreme buffer fluctuations

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by wenospeak, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

Sorry I missed your trying to burn data. Have you tried using Alcohol 120%. They have a trial version that you can use and then reinstall when time runs out(making it free).

2. LivnDGirl

LivnDGirl Regular member

Check your system for spyware and viruses, again.

You said you have burned alot lately.

Did you run out of media and have to change to a new stack ? Especially since the TDK worked okay.

I use Verbatim 4x DVD+R myself. Knock on wood, never had a coaster.

3. wenospeak

wenospeak Member

Guess it's just the nature of the beast.

1) Don't use Ritek

2) Burn TDK at 4x

Strange that this problem only occurs with DVD's and not Cdr's.

Maybe it's not strange.

I don't know, but so far I have quite a coaster collection.

One other thing - the Ritek does not have a 2x burn option. At least, not on my system.

Thanks for all your input and help.

Rick

P.S. I use Spybot S&D, Ad Aware, Spyblaster, Norton Corporate AV, NOrton Personal Firewall, and the new Microsoft Anti-Spyware. My system is squeaky clean!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005
  4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi Rick,

I'm sorry I didn't have the time to study your logs in depth BUT just glancing at your posts in general let me say the following -

Though you begin this log stating that this is a failed Ritek 4X the Nero log identifies this disc as something else entirely. A Ritek disc is made by Ritek OR Rocoh NOT optodi. Optodi is a cheapo poor quality dye and app disc. If it says Ritek on it then it is a pirate DVD disc. Expect trouble from Pirated discs. There is no such thing as a good quality pirate disc (Lol).

As this part of the log shows, your disc s/b writen as a DVD Video NOT a DVD ROM. When using Nero, use Nero's Burning ROM in the DVD Video mode.

I noticed that something was said about DVD RW discs. We simply suggested DVD RW discs so that you could avoid making coasters until we had your problem straightened out.

As I said - My time is limited tonight and so I just made this answer short - If there are other issues, PM me and ask that I stop back again and I'll make more time BUT I just commented on what I saw in a fast glance -

Cheers Rick

Pete

5. wenospeak

wenospeak Member

Thanks Pete,

I've finished my project that required DVD Data burns and don't plan on doing any more in the near future.

I don't remember where Ritek came from either, I must have seen it somewhere. The discs that failed are indeed "Optodisc 4X" as stated on the label - and they look cheap (they were given to me).

If this happens again, I'll post back.

Thanks again,

Rick

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Rick,

One last thing,

There is world of difference betwen CD's and DVD's. CD's don't require anywhere near the processor resources that DVD's require. Think of CD's like a pencil and paper, simple, easy to use, can be used anywhere, no parts, etc. Now think of DVD burning like a Color printer, complex, must have something like a PC to feed it information, can only be usedwhere there is electric power, a PC etc., lots of parts (things that could go wrong).

That's why we say, don't do anything while burning DVD's. You can burn CD's all day long and it won't effect the burn OR anything that you're doing. The bottom line, - Don't even think about putting CD's and DVD's in the same sentance together - they the difference between night and day. When you understand that and then start working with DVD's you'll be off to a great start.

Anyway, when you want to begin working with DVD's again, stop back and we'll be glad to help MEANWHILE, hop over to the CD-R forum - you'd be supprised at what neat tips you can pickup there - Here at aD we have something no matter what you're doing -

Cheers,

Pete