1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero fails When writing to HDD..

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mikey_424, Jan 27, 2008.

1. mikey_424

mikey_424 Guest

well that same movie i tried with nero, i did with DVD flick, not the 1.3.0.0 version but with an older one, and it only made 149 mbs of the movie, but it made the folders and all, but not the whole movie, so mim trying another movie right now, i think this one might work. i changed my settings too.

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

That movie that is problematic...run it through AviFixed and see if it is corrupt, if it gives you any errors.

3. mikey_424

mikey_424 Guest

okay wow this dvd flick is not working for me... either that or its saving my files somewhere else, cuase it took 4 hours, and all i see is an iso image that isnt even 2 mbs and the dvd folder, with the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders. and some other files inside it. none in which equal up to how big they should be...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2008
  4. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

I would consider running it through DVD Shrink to make sure the DVD structures were created properly so as to evade coasters. Similarly, check for playback using MPC.

5. mikey_424

mikey_424 Guest

sorry i just edited my post, i just realized something.

6. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

I see that :). Make sure you're not multi-tasking when DVD Flick does its magic. And by default, the output file is saved in My Documnets; one in ISO format and another in VIDEO_TS folder both tallying to the same size.
    Edit: If you followed the guide verbatim, you should be in good shape. Also, are you processing the same files you've originally tried encoding using Nero Vision? I suspect that the files are corrupted to begin with...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  7. mikey_424

mikey_424 Guest

hmm so u think cuase im multitasking its cuasing dvd flick to mess up and not finish it completly? and should i burn it in ISO format, or just normal VIDEO_TS format? which will be easier to work with? also is there a burning or rather transcoding program for linux? im thinking up attempting to install one on my ps3, and use it to transcode movies.

8. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

I don't know why it only encodes a portion of the file. But, judging from the time it takes your PC to encode, it's best if you refrain from multi-tasking. As for the format (ISO or VIDEO_TS FOLDER), both are similar. The major dissimilarity between the two is burning. ISO is a DVD-player-compatible format, whereas VIDEO_TS folder during burning is first translated to the same. It is also good for editing.

9. mikey_424

mikey_424 Guest

well dvd flick sucks just as bad as nero for me, it doesnt make menus when i select it too, the dvd's wont play in my ps3., i think im gonna start saving up for a new computer, this blows, my sister's dell Vistro does everything flawlessly. Im gonna maybe buy a computer with 8 gb total ram, and some mega spects, cuase this thing is just not cutting it!