1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero - Fatal Error

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by CollieDug, Jan 10, 2007.

1. CollieDug

CollieDug Guest

I had a copy of Nero 7 which I got from a market stall - Never again! I found that there was some kind of conflict with Windows Media Player, so I uninstalled it and installed and OEM copy of Nero 6 that I also got really cheap. Now I can't use Nero at all. On top of this, I can't import any files to Windows Movie Maker that I shot with my brand new HD Handycam. I get the same error message as when trying to use Nero "Fatal Error: Installation Corrupted - Please Reinstall Nero". I've tried re-insllaing and I've also tried the registry checking tool that is on the Ahead web page, but still get the same message. I'm scared to try the clean-up tools in case I jigger the PC altogether. I'm also scared to death of messing about with the registry, because I don't know much about it. I've heard all sorts of horror stories form colleagues. Anybody got any bright ideas?
    PC - Athlon 1600, 512 Mb RAM, Windows XP.

2. zeiram

zeiram Guest

i think your best course of action is to uninstall both versions if you havent already.Then use the clean tools.If you dont, i doubt you will be able to get much further along.If worst comes to worst just get your trusty windows o/s disc out and do a clean install by deleting your c: drive.

If you have 2 hard drives its rather easy to transfer everything out of c: drive to the other hard drive and then just reload your windows on to c:

You need however to make sure to back every thing up incase when you go to reload you find you are missing some program or file that you need.

See how you go

zei

3. CollieDug

CollieDug Guest

Thanks. I did just that and the error message no longer appears in Windows Media Player, however (and there is always a "however")I tried to edit some self-shot video of my baby son in Windows Movie Maker, but now find I get audio but no video in the editing screens. I'm thinking of getting hold of another video editing package and also re-installing the bona fide copy of Nero 6 to see if that works. I'm kinda losing patience with this piece of junk - I have neither the technical knowledge nor the time to fix it. If it doesn't work this time, I think I'll flatten the hard drive and re-build it. Unless of course, anyone has any bright ideas.
    I'll keep you posted.

4. zeiram

zeiram Guest

are you using nero as the encoder?????

5. CollieDug

CollieDug Guest

No. I just used Nero to burn MP3 to CD previously.
    I intended to use Windows Movie Maker to knit the segments of video together, then I was hoping to burn the completed item to a DVD.