1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero freezing /t/coding

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by paulsy, Feb 18, 2005.

1. paulsy

paulsy Member

hiya lads...gotta problem with nero,when i try to t/code an avi file it just seems to freeze after about 10 minutes,the only thing that seems to be moving is the time elapsed counter,both green bars and time remaing counters are going nowhere,any idea's whats happening have'nt had this problem before...all the best P

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Hi, paulsy.

Best guess is a "bad" avi file, or at least one in a format/codec that NVE is having trouble with.

What I'd try to do is convert it to some other format/codec, maybe with virtualdub or virtualdubmod. In fact, you might try to see if virtualdubmod can make the initial conversion to mpeg2, and then load that mpeg2 into MVE.

3. paulsy

paulsy Member

hiya bazilla..i was able to convert using vso divx to dvd and then burn it with copy to dvd,and it worked quite well, don't know whats wrong, nero just dose'nt seem right it's slow to load up and has become a bit jerky when i try to do something with it,any ideas..all the best P

4. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Any ideas? Not really. NVE seems to be working fine for my uses. But I'm glad you thought of VSO, and that it worked for you. I'm still thinking that NVE has a problem with particular codecs, but don't have any specific knowledge of this.