1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Illegal Disc Problem

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mafioso21, May 26, 2007.

1. mafioso21

mafioso21 Member

Hello!
    I have recently started getting problems with burning DVDs using Nero. I get illegal disc.
    Here is a log:

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

your version of Nero 6 is not the stablest version.... 6.6.0.18 is the most stablest version of Nero 6 and I would update it to that version. Here's how:

Before udating to 6.6.0.18 I would save the serial #, uninstall Nero, then use the cleaning tools : http://ww2.nero.com/nero6/eng/Clean_Tools.html
    then do a registry clean up(free registry cleaner, CClean: http://www.ccleaner.com/download/downloadpage.aspx?1) and defrag...... then reboot!

install package one:
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_nero_burning_rom/?539

then install package two:
    http://www.nero.com/nero6/eng/Patch_for_NVE3.html
    reboot and you're good to go!

also I would use better media. Stick with the MIJ rule (Made In Japan). Look for the MIJ on the label of the box of spindle (Taiyo Yuden, Sony, Maxell, and some Fuji)... the only exception to this rule is Verbatim, which is top notch media but made in Taiwan/Singapore and the only non MIJs I will use. Your disk is made in India! It's considered crappy media..... get the good stuff that won't cause problems like this! MIJs or Verbatim! check the label out!

this is a virtual drive..... turn it off while burning..... Nero doesn't like virtual drives.

do these adjustments and you should have better luck. let us know how it went!~ and welcome to afterdawn!

3. mafioso21

mafioso21 Member

Last edited: May 26, 2007
  4. mafioso21

mafioso21 Member

I updated my software as you said, and still got the same error. Must be the media I am using. Here is the log if it helps:

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

change your media ...... it doesn't like it! Get Taiyo Yuden, Sony (MIJ), or other MIJ disks. Check the label on the spindle or box and make sure it says, "Made in Japan"! or just buy Verbatim! The only non MIJ I will use or let close to my burners!

6. mafioso21

mafioso21 Member

Could you recommend any good online shop which ships to europe, which states where the DVDs are made? Because all shops in Belgium sell DVDs from India, and the online shops dont say where the DVDs come from.

Thanks.

7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I live in the USA and I don't have a problem getting Taiyo Yuden online.... so I can't say whether you can get them at the same place I get mine. But, getting Taiyo Yuden online is guaranteed to be made in Japan and the only thing you have to worry about is whether they are fake TYs! If you can get others to say what online store is reputable and carry Taiyo Yuden.... then you are guaranteed that you have genuine TYs made in Japan!

8. mafioso21

mafioso21 Member

Ok I'll try that, thanks for your help.

9. _lonewolf

_lonewolf Member

If your having problems because of copywright protection then download DVD43. This will decrypt the copywright so u can copy the disk. Its very easy to use; all you have to do is put in the disk, the yellow face in the toolbar at the bottom of your screen will turn into a devil face and then will turn green. After its green your ready to copy your dvd.