1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Info Tool.. tell me if this makes sense.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by brobb19, Oct 27, 2004.

1. brobb19

brobb19 Member

Im in my Nero Info Tool properties file.
    It says Supported Read Features: and has just about every CD/DVD format checked off.
    And then in Supported Write Features, it only has CD-R and CD-RW checked off, nothing else except for Buffer Underrun Protection. Why is this??
    Also, Ive been trying for over a week to get a burnt copy of a DVD to run smoothly, without having it skipping or freezing. Ive tried everything and have been using DVD X COPY XPRESS and DVD-Cloner2. I just now was told that I shouldnt have Interactual Player on my computer because it disrupts ripping. Is this why all this time I havent been successful with a smooth DVD? I just now finally got dvd shrink to work for me with Nero (before I deleted Interactual), but the quality isnt that great and it was at 4x. What is YOUR opinion.

2. colw

colw Active member

Is it possible that you have a CD-RW/DVD ROM Combo and not a DVD burner?

If so, you will be able to read all CD/DVD formats but not be able to burn DVD's - only CD's.

These type of combo's are quite common in many laptops. You will not be able to burn DVD's with these.

3. brobb19

brobb19 Member

naw im not on a laptop. and i just bought this dvd burner. it's a Lite-On it cost me $130. and ive burned about 20 dvds so far, theyve just all skipped 3/4 through.

4. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

What brand media are you using to burn.

5. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Interactual player will not help with burning. I recommend you COMPLETELY uninstall it, & may it rot on hell! Also, I think that you should enable buffer underrun protection. It was set as that as default by nero I can only imagine.