1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero is burning nothing onto the VCD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by fritz, Jul 30, 2002.

1. fritz

fritz Guest

I am trying to burn a VCD using Nero 5.5.5
    When I drag the .avi file into the box the blue line at the bottom indicates how much of hte disk will be taken up, but when I hit burn it goes through the motions and burns the files but the MPEGAV folder has a very small file in it where there should be the movie file.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Fritz

2. Vinster

Vinster Guest

Do you have Nero just on simulation mode?

3. fritz

fritz Guest

Yes, everything seems to be set up right. When it burns the MPEGAV folder has a file in it only 122kb in size (instead of the movie). Could it be my adaptec software getting in the way?

Thanks,
    Fritz

4. Jake

Jake Active member

5. mosfet303

mosfet303 Member

I have same problem as far as going through motions but not burning, however my philes in the MPEGAV folder seems to be right, but claims to be a successful burn but it happens too fast to have burned , the recorder does nuthin and there's nuthin burt to the VCD.

6. forumcrew

forumcrew Regular member

It does the same to me, it burns in a short time and nothing is on the cd. I even tried it with no cd and it still says it is succesfull. Instead of giving us a link to your guide can someone actually help us? (since obviously something in the guide is missleading)

7. mosfet303

mosfet303 Member

Ok dudes,
    I have stummbled on something here, This only happened with my XP box, I tried it on my 2Kpro box and it worked!!!, awesomely worked!!! From what I have gathered comparing the dialoges and msg recieved from nero on BOTH machines, for some reason on XP, nero is not finding the CDRW drive, it finds some sort of imagedrive thing that does me no good. Its writing to this imagedrive (for which i have no idea) Write speed drop down is empty in burn dialogs on XP but show on 2000. But the 2000 box it scans the SCSI/IDE bus on start-up and finds the burner on it. Hooray it works there! So if anyone can take this bit and carry it further then go for it!!. Only thing I can think is to update drivers somehow. Or just get rid of XP, IS everyone with this problem running XP?!?!?

8. forumcrew

forumcrew Regular member

Im using xp, i got the new version of nero and it worked with no problem. Make sure you guys have current versions.