1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Issues.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by kvscmd, Jan 27, 2003.

1. kvscmd

kvscmd Member

I created a .mpg file (VCD-PAL format) using Adaptec FireConnect 4300. I am trying to put my files on a CD using Nero. For some reason it doesn't recognize my Toshiba CD-RW drive and Nero always associates my files with the Image writer and I am prompted to save my files of type .nrg. All I am doing is, in Nero I select my files and say Write-CD. In Nero under Recorder Menu I am not able to select my computer as the recorder. What I am doing wrong. I have XP Home. IS there any workaround for this.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Did you try burning using VCDEasy.

3. kvscmd

kvscmd Member

Did try VCDEasy a little bit but was stuck with some ForceASPI issues. So kind of deviated and gave Nero a shot. Do you know what's the deal with Nero not recognizing the CD-RW drive in Toshiba and why it prompts to have files saved of type image (.nrg files). I have Win-XP home. And I believe it does the same with Win 2k as well. Thanks.