1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero keeps saying "disc is not empty" insert empty disc

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by theprose, Apr 12, 2007.

1. theprose

theprose Guest

i have been using dvd shrink and decrypter for a while. but i had some problems with my computer and i had to do a restore to the factory settings. i put nero 6 ultra suite back on and now when i try to burn the dvd shrink files it says the discs are not empty. i went through 40 discs on one spindle and it still says that. does anybody have any suggestions. ive tried lightscribe and my usual sony dvd+r discs. still the same error msg.

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Sounds like your burner may need a firmware update.

3. theprose

theprose Guest

hi and thanks for the reply, but thats not it. i have been using this combination of nero and dvdshrink for 6 months. now i did a restore from the discs and it wont act right. do you have any other suggestions? how do i find out what version of nero i have. all i know is its ultra 6? but i dont know all the x.x.x. stuff? where do i find that?

4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Open Nero StartSmart, at the bottom, click on the "flame"...it should be there, however I am still leaning to the firmware update.