1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero & KVCD question(s)...

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by daveb923, Mar 2, 2007.

1. daveb923

daveb923 Member

OK- I've read a few guides about burning KCVD's (.bin/.cue's) with Nero. I followed the guide(s) perfectly. I end up w/ a CD with 4 folders: one called SEGMENT, one called MPEGAV, and 2 others (don't remember the names). The MPEGAV folder has a .dat file which I can open w/ WinDVD5 and watch the movie.... I was under the impression (by following the guide) that burning the .cue (right click, open w/ Nero Burning ROM,etc..) that I would have a 'playable' disc. I figured it would auto-play as a video-CD or DVD on my PC. I haven't tried it on a home DVD player..... I did this twice on 2 different PC's using 2 different .bin/.cue (KVCD) files. I did a search on AfterDawn's forums and got 690+ results!!! I read about 10 different threads relating to KVCD's but didn't find what I was looking for. H E L P ! ! ! I'm fairly new to burning DVD's, VCD's, KVCD's, .bin/cue's and such, but I'm not an idiot ;) Any help, ideas, or suggetions or links will be greatly appreciated!!! THANX!

daveb923

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Since you said you have read many threads about KVCD, the below probably won't help, but here it is anyway.

http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=131785

Since you mentioned the .DAT file, I saw this on the Nero site. It just says NeroVision 4 can be used to make .dat files into video. Can it go to the lower bitrates--I don't know.

http://www.nero.com/nero7/enu/faq_search.php?search=bin&fid=1008&s=0

Since KVCDs are non-standard video, which player will play them would depend on the player.