1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero launches Nero 7

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by gstar20, Oct 12, 2005.

1. BURN-MAN

BURN-MAN Guest

I do apologize for the language...I realy do, I am sorry but it is one of my last vices and I will try to curb it. MXGzX...I never called you a moron...thanks for that.

webhedreg....thank you.

j0j081....and thank you.

2. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Is it true some folks are still using Windows 95 until Bill Gates gets all the bugs out??? <G>

What can be a bug for one might be for someā€¦ none!

In other words isn't that what beta versions are for... to get out most of the bugs? Some of us will try new things first before most of the crowd and others will wait, just like those still using Windows 98se or Windows XP SP1 instead of SP2. Different configurations as well can make a difference for others. I like what one posted above... instead of just bashing a product if you state there are bugs, enlighten us as to what those bugs are first with actual examples. This will lend fact to your opinion instead of just an idle comment. :)

3. mozzaok

mozzaok Member

I am an unashamed noob (wasted my youth on copious amounts of sex, drugs and rock n'roll instead of learning how to use a computer)as I bought my first computer two years ago and am still learning the basics let alone all the advanced stuff that so many of you guys are familiar with.I look to forums like this for guidance and generally find it invaluable. I am about to upgrade to a new system and wanted to adapt my current one into a media pc for streaming avi's etc. so on the face of it Nero 7 seems like it would be perfect for me, so as burn man so eloquently put it could you experienced guys report on actual pros and cons rather than unspecified bugs that may or may not be present so noobs like me know what the heck you are talking about. And as a lowly noob thanks for all your guides and forum feedback it really helps us learners a lot.Thanks

4. gstar20

gstar20 Member

here are some screen shots from my nero7 Premium version

same type of face

[​IMG]

and here is the only feature er screen I found cool

[​IMG]

This is nero Media Home pic

[​IMG]

and this is nerovisionhome4 front page

[​IMG]

BTW Nero Burning Rom gives me an error everytime I try to open it

Last edited: Oct 12, 2005
  5. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

So, does this consider a bug? Anyways, how would you compared or rated Nero 7 to Nero 6 Ultra Edition (6.6.0.16)? I was just being curious that's all.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2005
  6. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

It just gets me a little nervous when a lot of people are seeing different bugs and crashes. I know for myself a stable nero is neseccary and it is my most used program by far. Any instability would not be acceptable. The current copy of nero does eveything i ask for and I can honestly say I have never had a crash. It is fast, efficent, and does everything I need it to. Why mess with a product that is not their yet? In time I know it will be...just a time factor that is all.

7. Analog_CA

Analog_CA Member

Nero is getting to be nothing but a joke! Hit the nail on the head? PLEASE...

I bought the retail Ultra 6 back in June and have been having nothing but problems in creating chapters and the images that go on those chapters. I have been in constant email contact with Nero over this, they have confirmed it is a problem and have done nothing to solve it.

On top of that, since it hasn't worked properly since day ONE, Nero *refuses* to provide the upgrade to version 7. They have NO idea of what support is. By the way, checking leaked versions of the new 7, and the same problem exists.

Do the other things work ok? Shrug... I only use it for the DVD side... but I can tell you that I am less than impressed with their (cough) dedication to valued customers and IMHO they haven't a CLUE what providing proper support really means.

8. XPimpster

XPimpster Guest

For me, When i used Nero 7 before it was released, It had a a bug taht i taught waz serious because it changed all the file extension icons. Also... i coudnt even use Nero Burning ROM. The only thing i was able to use was Nero Start Smart, which is a good program, but personaly.. i like using Nero Burning ROM. When i saw taht it didnt work. I tried unstalling it. But still when i did that, everytime i rebooted my PC, i got a little Promt saying "Nero Backitup expired". So i had to do Window Restore allll the way back to September 20th. Then i got all my file extension icons back and everything.

I believe that Nero 7 is a good program.. but using the Beta version just messed up my computer. I also belive that Nero 6.6.X.X is an also good version of Nero and i love them both. To me, Nero 7 has a lot of stuff to it, and it changes your computer around alot. If you really love what Nero gives you, i recommend you to get Nero 7. But if you just like Nero and just use it and your familar with using a computer and burining stuff and you like the way your computer is rite now... stay with Nero 6.X.X.X.

Nice posting to you guyz.

9. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

Nero just keeps adding more and more bloatware to The ahead Nero Suite dont they? adding more useless junk users will never use or need despite their claim end users requested those features. wouldnt be so bad IF you could remove those features you arent planning on ever using completely (yes custom install allows you to remove some features but still leaves in alot of junk).

I had the leaked Nero 7 Retail {or so was claimed retail} installed, tested it came across too many bugs and removed it. Which wasnt what turned me off to Nero 7 ; that was the bloatware's doing.

I'ma gunna keep with 6.6.x.x for now and hope Nero doesnt pull a Roxio - bog down their product so much users literally abandon it

10. domie

domie Member

i've been using it for a week now, admittedly i only use it to burn cds and dvds but i haven't encountered any problems in those departments yet, in fact it burns to the dvd about 10 % quicker than Nero 6 which i find strange.

11. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i'm personally probably gonna stay with 6.6.0.16 for good as i only burn audio/data cd's and standard 'dvd-video' compilations with Nero, so for me i could've stayed with 6.6.0.0 even. I only really went with all the updates up to 6.6.0.16 as i help out in the Nero forum, but as i mainly help out on logfiles i don't need to go 7 to keep helping ppl. just my five pence.

nero 7 is probably gonna get more bloaty and buggy, but then so does every bit if software/OS by everyone else.

Windows 98SE is a mighty fine OS by the way, some ppl stay with old stuff, just as some ppl like to have everything 'bleeding edge'.

i only recently ditched 98SE, no real reason, i've just grown to like XP more

Last edited: Oct 13, 2005
  12. neurokasm

neurokasm Member

I'm sticking with 6.6.0.16, it works perfectly fine for me, and it's not so bloated.

13. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Well put creaky! <G>

14. j0j081

j0j081 Member

I like the fact that you can do a selective install.

15. chaunc3y

chaunc3y Member

I have been using an evaluation copy of 7 now for a few days and given it a good workout. It seems to be fine. I agree with burn-man to a certain extent, I get really sick of people throwing "bug" around so loosely. A true bug needs to be reproduced every time you try to execute a certain function, and more importantly, tech support needs to be able to reproduce the error before the developers will even look at it. If you can reproduce the error, with a legitimate copy then do us all a favor and report it to nero instead of whining about how crappy their software is.

16. gstar20

gstar20 Member

Jesus Christ....Another plane Jane!

17. elliott

elliott Regular member

Wow some heated points here and creaky put it very well indeed. I have mostly been a Roxio user but I got an eval copy of Nero 7 I haven't experienced any bugs as of yet and all I have really been using is NeroVisionExpress for DVD's. Why? because I like Roxio better for data, music and vcd creation on the other hand Roxio's dvd engine is slower and quality is weak, Nero on vcd quality is weak so you could say I have the best of both worlds now. Nero and Roxio have added lots of bloat options that either I have a better freeware program or other prefered software. I use MS Digital Image Pro for my photo's. I would be interested in any bugs people have found as honestly this is my first time using Nero but its been almost a month and is doing a very good job on DVD's. NUFF SAID"

18. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

cheers guys, i try to say it as i see it..

19. Virgil_B

Virgil_B Member

I for one, do not see any reason to upgrade to Nero 7.0. I have looked at it and if you already have a legitimate copy of 6.6 then I don't see any reason to upgrade.

20. Autotek

Autotek Member

I was told that i can burn a 2gig program to cd's using Nero and that it would span the cd's for me but cant seem to figure it out ....can anybody help ?????