1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero launches Nero 7

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by gstar20, Oct 12, 2005.

1. BURN-MAN

BURN-MAN Guest

Unless it is compressed in some way or another, it is quite impossible.

2. gordy11

gordy11 Member

i have been using nero for years and its pretty good
    but sometimes i dont know why it refuses to transcode some vid file you may quikly say ahhhh wrong codecs
    but all are installed for the files i get .
    in this event i use dvdsanta and it does the job and
    it boots straight into the film when out in dvd player
    well thats ny twopennyworth hope it helps someone
    respects to all who run this great site
    gordy11

3. woodhouse

woodhouse Member

Pariah; Just installed Nero 7 tonight and yes, Shrink & Nero still work together. I was holding my breath for sure. I've burned 3 DVD's so far and with no problems... ;-)

4. nrautava

nrautava Guest

What are these rumours that if you install Nero 7 then messanger will not work?
    Is it true?

5. djeon

djeon Member

I have fought with Nero 7 and last night just uninstalled it. I would burn a audio cd and it would about 7 seconds into every song sound like it would be skipping. The burn was fine as far as cd-dvd speeed was concerned and even plex tools tests that i ran came out fine. Tested it on its own ide chain as i thought that was the problema and still sounded like it was skipping occasionaly. I was on my second burner a 740 plextor and a 716a plextor and it did it on both. Worse on the 740. I just thought i would let everyone know that in my professional opinion it was nero7 causing me all this greif on a simple burn of an audio cd. Nero 7 gets no love on my system until a couple revisions are made, maybe.

6. danterl

danterl Guest

i had the same skipping problem. It's an awful bug 'cause I wasn't able to notice it in several burnings, It made me waste almost 12 Cdroms. I would burn a audio cd and it would about 7 seconds into every song sound like it would be skipping... :( too bad

7. tron228

tron228 Member

Its the reason why they halted the launching of this software is that there are lots of bugs (or the one that leaked has lots of bugs). Purchase the registered version and youre ok.

8. TroyM

TroyM Member

when adding a song to burn with Nero 7 does any of y'alls songs skip, or start like a second after it should? Mines been doing that. Is that a bug or just me?

9. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

@TroyM

It really depends in how fast ur burning the music at? 4x should b the max u burn at no fasrwe then u will have erros of skippin etc... If u are burinig that slow and still havin the problem it could b one of 2 other things.

1. The media u are using.
    2.The program has a bug.

10. djeon

djeon Member

Ok well thanks I guess I'm not trying to be a jerk but burning music at 4x is not a fix and rather ridiculous been burning at 24 x + for years why in the hell would I start burning at 4x again? And yes the software has a bug or it was just the release I had as it was a torrent release and not official copy. One more reason to purchase software you use alot.

To add to the real purpose of this thread ---
    I believe the whole issue with my skipping was ide drivers on my nforce3 chipset i neglected to notice that i was using the standard windows ones and not invidia ones for the chipset, so any body with this issue should check thier ide controller drivers.

Just my two cents!

11. TroyM

TroyM Member

Thanks djeon. I thought that sounded a little too much. I was just too lazy to say something about it. Don't worry, i didnt believe him. The songs skip when i listen to them through Nero and Nero eXpress. and how could burning at low speed help that? I'm sure it's a bug, but i'm with Nero 6 until the next update or 2.

12. djeon

djeon Member

Like I said check your ide drivers as that was my problem but yeah other than that just stay tuned for a release or two.

13. TroyM

TroyM Member

djeon

how do i check me drivers?

14. djeon

djeon Member

In the device manager look under ide/ atapi controllers and maybe delete them and then reboot, it should attempt to reinstall them.
    Also knowing what chipset you have and motherboard is a plus if you built the pc yourself.
    If it is a namebrand not as important but the correct drivers should be on thier website.

15. Mannkund

Mannkund Member

Hi, guys! I've been using Nero 7 for a couple of days and one of the problems I've been facing is when I drag mp3 audio tracks to burn an audio CD. Sometimes I like to edit the track by right-clicking the selected track and then choosing Audio Editor, which used to open the Nero Wave Editor. Only this new version doesn't do that! I can't choose this option on the track (even though it shows there). Any ideas on how I can solve this? Thanks a bunch!

16. jalaneme

jalaneme Regular member

there is a upgrade 7.0.1.2 for Nero 7. download to fix some problems.

17. ireland

ireland Active member

Nero releases a major update to its Nero 6 Ultra Edition suite
    Posted by Seán Byrne on 12 November 2005 - 21:05 - Source: Nero 6 Updates

pizzadude, kdshapiro and wsaintcr all used our news submit to let us know that Nero, a well known optical disc recording suite has just released a major update to its Nero 6 Ultra Edition, including the addition of new features. According to their website, to get the Nero PowerPack, the first two packages must be downloaded. Apart from the addition of a Yahoo! Toolbar, there is no mention of what else is new in this version, since no changelog has been released at this time.

This major update covers the release of Nero 6.6.0.18 and its Nero Digital encoding suite version 3.1.0.21. Both of these include the Yahoo! Toolbar by default, however the download & installation of this 3rd party add-on is optional.

Until Nero releases a changelog for this major update, the only way to find out what has been updated or added is to download and install at least their first two update packages. These can be obtained from their download page here. Feel free to discuss about Nero on our Nero & InCD Burning Software Sub-Forum.
    http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/12674

yahoo tool bar
    http://www.nero.com/nero6/eng/Yahoo_Toolbar.html

download page
    Current version:
    http://www.nero.com/nero6/enu/nero-up.php

Last edited: Nov 12, 2005
  18. Reasons?

Reasons? Guest

For those who just burn images to disc, 6 is great, but Nero 7 is very powerful and has some sweet encoding updates.

It'll handle H.264 for Blu-Ray, and burn it o blu-ray, I think we can see who Nero is adopting.

The encoding feature for PSP will be nice.

19. TroyM

TroyM Member

I just used the newst Nero on my g/fs notebook and my songs still skip. Seems like ill be with Nero 6 for awhile.

20. Reasons?

Reasons? Guest

Nero is just a little overkill for that dude, try itunes, AAC 256kpbs VBR, it'll all come out the same if that's the quality you use nero to rip to anyhow.

Itunes is free too, and has the best library management system out there, I hate apple with a passion, spit on the fairies. But I'm also honest.