1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero locks when selecting files to burn

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by drkstr, Feb 13, 2004.

1. drkstr

drkstr Member

Am using dvd shrink and nero 6.3.0 to back up dvd's
    Sometimes nero will balk at burning it freezes before process starts, no error just hangs. This has happened twice and both time the disk I'm ripping are very full.
    Compression on dvd shrink is in the 50% range the rip completes and nero starts then locks no burn, so no coaster, the file sorting cache starts then locks. Reruning shrink and reauthor just the main movie and it works flawlessly. Any one else run into this? I suspect I'm pushing the disk to the limit and as nero wants a little headroom, or so i've read, that the problem lies there and perhaps increasing compression will help
    Any thoughts comments (be nice to the newbie) ;-)

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

drkstr,

Personally, I compress until I have about an 1/8 of an inch of gray at the end of my green bar - I hate to write to the very edge (the "brittle part) of the disc -

Nero tends to become "Flaky" every once in awhile - uninstall it, reboot your PC, to thoughly clean it out - reinstall it and reboot so that it settles nicely into it's new home and see if it behaves itself :))

and, Welcome to our little Community -

Pete

3. drkstr

drkstr Member

Thanks Pete,
    Nero was reinstalled from boot before trying the first disk and as I said it works flawlessly except on those two disks, will try to compress more next one I run into.
    Thanks for the reply nice to know help is available.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]drkstr[/small]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2004