1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Lovers

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by open4info, Nov 18, 2007.

1. open4info

open4info Member

I purchased Nero's burning software for about $80. I had heard so many good things about Nero, but since purchasing it, it has been nothing but a nightmare. So, I'm thinking that it must be me or my computer.

Whenever I would use Nero Vision to burn DVDs on my drive or directly to the disc. I would lose at least 4 hours of life. My computer would no longer recognize my DVD as a DVD but now recognized it as a CD after I have attempted to burn the movie. The only difference that I would find using Nero Express or Burning Rom is that I would have wasted less time and the same number of DVD's. I have wasted close to 100 DVDs trying new advice from forums, to no avail. I'm just trying to figure out why people love Nero and how can I become a Nero lover. Right now, I feel like a Nero hater who wasted 80 bucks on garbage that I can't use. Please help.

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

my my what a surprise!! i too hate nero just give up with it, my windows can burn any data disc, i can burn dvds i have never had a problem, nero fails every burn process i give, it's not even worth diagnosing because the software is terrible
    being windows certified i can honestly say that its not windows fault, but nero's

3. open4info

open4info Member

Thanks tripplite, but if you agree that Nero is terrible, what software do you recommend?

4. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Post A log of your Nero log.Put it in the Nero discussion. Chris

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  5. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

I have nero, i use it without a problem, if you are having problems, use IMGBurn, it is free and it is great, probably better than nero. you can also use shrink, also free, to compress. here is a a very small but great guide and tools.

FabDeceypter HD (free and excellent) to rip the dvd to your hard drive, use shrink, (again, free and great)to compress the ripped by fabdecrypter....shrink open files.and then use IMGBurn(probably the best burning application there is, and it is free)to burn the files compress by shrink to a disc. NOTE: make sure you set shrink to output a ISO folder, it will be much simply for you when using IMGBurn(IMGBUrn can burn files also. Hope this helps.

6. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Moved to the Nero forum :)