1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero -new update

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by crimey617, Mar 22, 2005.

1. crimey617

crimey617 Guest

I downloaded the latest update for Nero. I am using a NEC 2100AD DVD R/W drive with what I belive to be the latest firmware update. Nero is only recognizing discs to burn at 2.4 and 4 x write speeds even though the discs I am using are capable up to 8X and the Firmware update should be for up to 8 X. Any idea why Nero is not recognizing the higher burning speeds?

2. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

Are your media Certified 8x, or just capable of 8x.
    What brand are they ? (Curious)

I think Nero will scan the media what get the info off of it, see what speed it's certified for.

If they are certified 4x, maybe Nero will not display a higher speed than 4x.

My 2 cents worth, and hey I may be 200% wrong, it's just what I think !

My burner does 4x max so I never had that problem, yet <grin>...

3. crimey617

crimey617 Guest

I'm using Phillips brand media certified at 8X. I don't plan on frying discs at that high a speed but just curious why Nero doesn't recognize the higher speeds.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Phillips media is on the questionable side when it comes to quality
    .NEC may not feel like those phillips 8x should not be burned at 8x,so the firmware will only allow 4x as max speed.
    There's a lot better 8x media out there than that like: verbatim data life plus,maxell,sony,fuji, and ty.I have no trouble with the verb/maxell/and sony's-all capable of 12x and 16x speeds on my benq firmware,although only rated 8x on the packages.

Use nero infotool and find out the exact mfg code on those phillips 8x,and what format they are.Maybe someone else has that same burner model and are using them.