1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Newbie

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by jcarr492, Jul 19, 2007.

1. jcarr492

jcarr492 Member

Help. I'm trying out the trial version of Nero 7 and I have a movie on my C drive that I would like to burn to a blank dvd. How the heck do I do it??? I have been playing with it for about 2hrs now and I can't figure it out. I'm dyslexic and it takes me FOREVER to read, so when I tried to read some of the online manual.i just can't do it. Can someone tell me the simplest way? I'd love to have it for my kids to watch in the van for a road trip.

2. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

Hi
    Which nero application you use to burn your movie depends on the format of the movie you're trying to burn. What format is your movie file in?
    If it is an .avi file, click here for a picture guide.

3. jcarr492

jcarr492 Member

I click on nero burn rom first, then I click dvd video, then I click "new", I selected my files and added them to the compilation column:

VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01.2.VOB
    VTS_01.3.VOB
    VTS_01.4.VOB

Then I inserted a dvd-r 4.7gb, and clicked burn compilation and it gives me the message: you have selected a disc type that is not supported by your hardware drives. Nero burning rom can only write it to the image recorder, however this requires a change in the application settings. Should Nero burning rom change the settings for you?

and I don't know what to do from here. am I even going in the right direction?

4. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

[​IMG]

5. jcarr492

jcarr492 Member

Okay, I tried to do that, but when I clicked for the drop down menu, it only gave me two choices, imageburn or my D:/ drive for my dvd r/w, I have the D:/ drive chosen, but it still won't do anything. Is there anything I can do or try? Is there a way to check if Nero is recognizing my dvd drive?

6. teamfx

teamfx Member

I, on the other hand, would like to know if it's uncommon for the DVD-Video burning process to take longer than it should. I'm currently (as we speak) in the process of burning a 2-hour DVD-R which I had transferred from a DVD-RW. It started about 85 minutes ago, and it's sluggishly moving at a not-so-speedy rate. It's at approximately 13% right now. Is this normal burning speed?? Thanks in advance.

7. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

@jcarr492,

On the drop down menu, what is the full name of your D:/ drive?

8. jcarr492

jcarr492 Member

It says D: MATSHITA DVD/CDRW UJDA770 I tried to do a screenshot, but my 2yr old popped the top row of keys off last week and I think I may have the printscreen button in the wrong spot cause i can't get it to work for me.

9. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

Hi,

I'm sure somebody would correct me if i'm wrong but MATSHITA DVD/CDRW UJDA770 is only a DVD player and a cd burner. Not a DVD writer.

You could make a VCD instead of a DVD though.

Sorry :)

10. jcarr492

jcarr492 Member

Ahhhhhh...that may be the problem then! Duhhhh. Now I feel stupid. LOL So can I still use NERO to make a VCD? Will it still play on most dvd players or only computers? Is there a guide for compiling a VCD?

11. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

Yes it can happen. Some Nero projects have been known to take hours to complete - and multitasking slows it down even further, but i'm guessing you're done by now.

By the way, you're more likely get immediate (and more) responses if you start your own thread as opposed to it being buried inside someone elses :)

12. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

Yes, you can still use Nero to make a vcd before the trial period expires and it should play on most standalone DVD players.

coming up

13. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

Please click here for a guide to Creating VCDs using Nero - Burning Rom

Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  14. jcarr492

jcarr492 Member

Thanks! Lastly, my files are in .bup, .ifo, and .vob, and they need to be in MPEG format. Can I still change their formatting? I used DVDshrink and DVDdecrypter with this movie and its been stored so long, I can't remember the exact steps I took when I did it, but sure I'd remember. Is there another program I will need to download to convert the files? And I guess I can use a standard 80m cdrom right?