1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero oh Nero! Where art your Modules?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by jumbalia, Feb 15, 2005.

1. jumbalia

jumbalia Member

I bought Nero Ultra 6.6 today.

It says that it Captures, Authors, Edits, Makes Titles, Menu's etc, but I can't find any of this stuff!

I have a valid Serial Number, but the cool little Navigation program only shows ther basic Data DVD burning software.

Their tutorials show pictures of the software I am looking for. What gives?

I bought the full version "Nero 6 Ultra Edition - Version 6.6" for $69.99

I entered in the Serial Number they sent me. But nothing changed.

Help Please? Thanks!

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Look in the taskbar beside the clock. Do you have a little red icon that says, "Nero Smart Start"?
    If not, go to Start > Run > and type this in: NeroStartSmart.exe
    Then click OK.
    It should all be there.

3. jumbalia

jumbalia Member

I am at work adn I can't look at it right now, but I think I do have the Nero Smart Start running.
    I have a little Nero Icon on the bottom right and I am able to open that neat Navigation little program that shows you all of the programs in Nero (It has little icon up top that says things like Favorites, CD, Video, Backup etc.)
    But when I click on the Video one, there is only one single program - Data DVD burn Software.

The Tutorial shows about 7 pieces of software here.

I also tried toggling between simple and advance user view. No luck.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2005
  4. syntax01

syntax01 Member

Try using the smartstart feature if you have it. Otherwise you will more than likely only be able to directly access the main Nero burning program.

Also, I am not sure how Nero does their retail packages, but for the downloaded version of Nero from their website, there are like 5 or 6 different packages you have to download to get the entire suite installed. They all use the same serial number, but have to be downloaded seperately.

You can go here: http://www.nero.com/us/nero-up.php to check what all programs should be in the entire suite of Nero.

If you do have a valid serial and for some reason any of those aren't in your disk to install, you can download those packages individually from that page. They should all accept your retail serial to activate.

That page is also a good one to add to your bookmarks/favorites, since it makes for easy access when Nero releases updates.

Just remember, with Nero, you can update as long as its stays within the same generatio of version. i.e. you can update Nero 5.5 to a newer release of 5.5 but not to 6.x

5. jumbalia

jumbalia Member

YEAH! I think THAT'S IT!

I am at work, but this looks like the right solution. I knew for a fact that I didn't even have a lot of software installed-I looked one my HDD.

I have version 6.6 that I just bought. Despite working on this issue for many many hours. I have never seen this page, or at least I didn't understand.

I can't wait go get some and start downloading!

Thanks syntax01!

6. jumbalia

jumbalia Member

That was it!

Thanks for your help.