1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero only recognises image recorder

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by fairygoth, Jul 17, 2009.

1. fairygoth

fairygoth Member

Hi all, I have a problem with Nero which is very recent and I cannot for the life of me work out what is going on!
    Until last week Nero 7 worked absolutely fine, then suddenly it was no longer recognising any of my physical drives. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but the same problem. I then decided to download the trial version of Nero 9 - I now get this message everytime I start Nero -
    "Please ask your system administrator to install Nero BurnRights. Burning permission can be granted to some or all users with this tool. Nero BurnRights can be downloaded from http://www.nero.com"
    Again it is only allowing the image recorder option.
    On searching the Nero forum on their won website I founf that this is sometimes coming up due to a virus. I have done a full scan on my PC and no virus is evident.
    Please help :(
    Fairy

2. Ajith157

Ajith157 Member

I have the same problem.anyone help me please..........

3. fairygoth

fairygoth Member

Hi Ajith, I ended up formatting my computer and reinstalling everything, now works fine, so Im assuming it was a virus. I hope you find a better solution!

4. lazyuser

lazyuser Member

up until last week, my dvd drive worked perfectly fine. i have NEC-ND3520A dual layer dvd burner installed (for almost 5 years now). been working absolutely fine on xp pro with nero6.3, roxio7.0, dvdDecryter and others.

However, since late last week, i have found that it does not work anymore with nero and dvd decrypter. it works alright with roxio though. nero only sees the image recorder whereas dvd decrypter says "no device installed".

can anyone suggest something here?

5. lazyuser

lazyuser Member

up until last week, my dvd drive worked perfectly fine. i have NEC-ND3520A dual layer dvd burner installed (for almost 5 years now). been working absolutely fine on xp pro with nero6.3, roxio7.0, dvdDecryter and others.

However, since late last week, i have found that it does not work anymore with nero and dvd decrypter. it works alright with roxio though. nero only sees the image recorder whereas dvd decrypter says "no device installed".

this is what i get when i open dvddecrypter or imgburn:

Code:
    16:06:19 DVD Decrypter Version 3.5.4.0 started!
    16:06:19 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)
    16:06:19 Initialising SPTI...
    16:06:19 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
    16:06:19 CreateFile Failed! - Device: '\\.\Cdrom0'
    16:06:19 Reason: The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded.
    16:06:19 CreateFile Failed! - Device: '\\.\Cdrom1'
    16:06:19 Reason: The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded.
    16:06:19 CreateFile Failed! - Device: '\\.\Cdrom2'
    16:06:19 CreateFile Failed! - Device: '\\.\Cdrom3'
    16:06:19 No devices detected!

can anyone suggest something here?

6. attar

attar Senior member

7. simran12

simran12 Member

almost same issue i have nero 7.11 i have a HL-DT-ST DVD ROM GDR-H30N.
    It used to work fine than i formatted my computer and now it doesn't recognize blank dvd -r ???

8. Ajith157

Ajith157 Member

Hai fairygoth......

Thats the last stage option . i mean formating...try to solve the problem.i keep trying..if i get any clues..i post it here ..sure.......

9. Ajith157

Ajith157 Member

Hi everybody....

Download this software and disable or delete the red services shown by GMER.
    GMER can be downloaded (for free) from: http://www.gmer.net/

Now my nero is working perfectly...

Thanks everybody ..keep in touch,.....

10. jmasacote

jmasacote Member

11. lazyuser

lazyuser Member

thanx much for the reply mate. there was indeed a virus on my machine. i had to format my harddisk and it seems to be all fine now. i also downloaded and installed malwarebytes and it detected it. it cleaned it up, and rebooted the machine. this virus came right back after the reboot. so i had to format and re install.