1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero only writes at 16x even after selecting 48x

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by hiexpect, Sep 27, 2007.

1. 56delray

56delray Regular member

I was talking more about registry performance tweaks and not any software.
    The only thing I can think of at this point is going to a restore point or a fresh XP install.

2. hiexpect

hiexpect Member

I was sorta thinking that to be my only option as well but I'm really not looking forward to any of that. I have made alot of registry changes from PC books and using TweakXp changes registry settings as well.
    I just keep thinking it has to be something simple. I havent done tweaks for months before this all started to happen.
    I'll figure something out if knowone has any ideas. Im thinking the root of my problem has something to do with the lead in and outs. Something is causing that to a crawl and if I can find a solution or reason for that happening. Then I think the speeds would go back to normal.
    IDK... This is kinda fun in a way but then again sorta frustrating after this much time trying to figure something out.

3. hiexpect

hiexpect Member

Sometimes the hardest things can be the simplest. Id forgot about opening up my computer a couple times in the past to blow out all the dust. Not once until now did I think maybe some dust fibers could have built up on the laser(s)...

After cleaning the drives they do work normal now. LOL.