1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Photoshow Delux 4

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Helz, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Helz

Helz Member

For I don't know how long I have been trying to get my photos and camcorder moments onto DVD so that I can share my children growing up with my family ... it sounds easy ... it hasn't been for me. I am not an expert in computers but it can't be this hard as everyone seems to be doing it?! I purchased a Philips DVD+RW recorder which came with a Nero Startsmart Program. Did what I had to do to install but have never been able to get a DVD to work? Bought Nero Photoshow Delux 4 the other day in the hope this would solve it. No! I do a really nice photoshow ... go through the options to burn it to DVD and it does something ... it finishes and then when I go to use it in my dvd player or my computer it doesnt work and doesn't recognise the disc. What am I doing wrong ... I feel like I'am a right muppet but know I can't be the only one ... ;0) Can anyone help me through this pleeeeasssseeeeee!!!!

2. NytBurnr

NytBurnr Regular member

@Helz

Did you finalize the disk? Nero will usually ask you if you want to be able to add additional data in the future? If you say "yes" it won't finalize the disk. If the disk is not finalized, neither a stand alone DVD player or a PC will recognize your disk.

3. Helz

Helz Member

Thanks for replying ;0} As far as I can remember Nero doesn't ask whether or not to finalise the disc it just ejects the disc and then shows a message to say that the disc was successfully burned. There are no other messages or options ... I am following each step but it doesn't offer to finalise????

4. NytBurnr

NytBurnr Regular member

@ Helz

Are you burning a RW disk? If you are, the disk is left "open" until you are finished. Either type of disk needs some set up.

If you start over from scratch (which I am sure you have), during the setup stage of the project, you need to make some selections as to which type of disk you are burning, etc. One of the selections will be "finalize disk?". When you click on that it will ask you if you are sure you want to finalize the disk. You you click "yes". When you are finised burning the disk, the program will actually put electronic "markers" on your disk. It is these markers that the DVD player or your PC recognize.

If you have problems finding this part of the program, just go to the help section.

5. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

It sounds more like a compatability issue that your player has with the DVDs you are using. Some players will only accept the +R format
    some the -R format
    some will accept BOTH so do you know what disc format you are using.
    You can always post a Nero history log so we can take a look.

Nero 7 history log location: Program Files>Nero>Nero 7>Core>NeroHistory

VISTA: …. Desktop/Your Comp Name/App Data/Roaming/Ahead/Nero History

BTW: It is not necessary to finalize a disc, unless it's a RW and you dont want to burn further files to it.

6. killalot

killalot Active member

7. Helz

Helz Member

I am so frustrated but thank you again for trying ... I have open my Nero Photoshow Delux 4 program and gone through every option to find out where I am able to select type of disc to finalize etc but there is no option I am given to do this? I've clicked the help section but it doesn't say anything about finalizing the disc? I have tried to get pictures here to show you the steps but I can't even do that! If possible could you give me your email so that I can send you a word document to include printscreen images of the steps I have taken? I am desperately disappointed and don't feel like I'll ever make any progress. I had my third baby 9 weeks ago and I want to burn my memories before I loose them .... don't live in Plymouth by any chance do you ha ha :0)As a note I have used DVD+RW discs which my Phillips says that it uses ... I have also tried DVD-RW but to no avail ... Please help x

8. killalot

killalot Active member

Try the link I suggested it’s a full version with a 15 Day trial probably be the best think you’ve tried since sliced bread I tried Nero for photo slide shows some time ago didn’t do my pictures any justice and was poor at the final finish

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  9. killalot

killalot Active member

Here is an idea put the disk in your computer burner start the Nero startsmart under applications choose Nero burning rom then select new then across the top from one of the drop down menus choose recorder and with the disk in if it hasn’t been finalised you can from there finalise it that’s if memory serves me correct?

10. Helz

Helz Member

Thanks for the link ... haven't tried it yet because I wanted to solve the problem with Nero instead of adding to my complicated existence!

I have gone into Nero Burning Rom as suggested and have gone to the drop down menu named 'recorder' but there isn't an option to finalise ... it only gives me the following options

Choose Recorder
    Copy Disc
    Burn Image
    Burn Harddrive backup
    Erase rewritable
    Eject Disc
    Disc Info

I have looked along the other menus but can't seem to find finalise?

Thanks for your ideas ... I'll keep my fingers crossed someone can save me from the depths of despair ha ha ;0)

11. killalot

killalot Active member

Did click and select choose recorder then disk info? I’m sure that’s how you can finalise the disk if it hasn’t already been finalised.

12. Helz

Helz Member

No neither option offers me to finalise a disc ... ??

13. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

As mentioned before, I dont think the problem is in the "finalizing" of the disc, I still think it's a compatability issue....it is NOT necessary to finalize the disc unless it was created on a DVD RECORDER....which in this case it wasn't.

14. killalot

killalot Active member

I’d have thought if it was compatibility problem his DVD writer wouldn’t recognise them in the first place? Could be wrong I’m no expert if his DVD writer can burn them it must have recognised them to be able to write to it compatibility problems yes with a standalone DVD player but his writer in his computer should be able to read it he has tried dvd-rw and dvd+rw and burned both ?

15. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I am working on the assumption that the Philips DVD+RW recorder member speaks of is in fact a burner as in one connected to computer and not a standalone recorder.....if it was a Stand alone Recorder then it would not need a program such as Nero.
    I have suggested posting a Nero History log to see exactly what is going on....you can get a lot of info from such logs.

16. killalot

killalot Active member

That’s what I said he can burn them with his Philips computer burner so can’t see how it could be a compatibility problem it can write it so should be able to read it? And yes posting a log would help a lot.

17. donewell

donewell Regular member

To Helz
    I have photoshow deluxe 4 and this is how i get my shows to play on any stand alone player> First i open psd 4 and make the slide show then select share, export, video, mpg. export to a file you create on hard drive. When its done close psd 4. insert a blank disc in your burner. open nero vision and select make video dvd, select add files, add your mpg file. next create menu if you want ( i select do not make menu) its up to you. nextyou can preview or skip to next. choose burner , name volume if you want, select record settings. choose 1/2 the speed of what your disc support.I use verbatum 16x MIT dvd+r set at 8x. select booktype to dvd rom so it will play in anything. If you use dvd-r you can't book type but it should play in most players. burn baby burn. If you don't have nero vision you can use dvdflick and imgburn both free and there are guides here to show how to use them. good luck

18. Helz

Helz Member

Thanks to everyone for trying to help ...

Gwendoline ... u're right it is a recorder connected to the computer. I have tried to get the history logs as you suggested but it's not where you said to look when I go to programs ... Nero ... I only have to sub-folders ... data and a shortcut to the NeroDelux 4 shortcut ... I go into the data folder and this leads to four other folders ... none of which I can find history in??? Is there something else I can try to get this history?

Killalot ... I have tried to burn on both types of disc and neither one is recognised in my computer or my dvd ... argggg!

Donewell ... thanks for you suggestion ... but again it hasn't worked for me because when I export the photoshow as you suggest it successfully exports as an MPG as you advised. Then I open Nerovision ... I select to make a videoDVD and go to select this exported photoshow ... but it doesn't add it. I doubleclick it but nothing happens and it is not added??? Whats wrong?? I am slowly loosing the will to live?? I tried adding a music video I had in the same folder and this was added ... I'am going to try and burn as you suggested to see if this works for that video ...

I hope that you all still have the patience to keep helping me ... this resolution to solve this is proving very difficult ;0)

19. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Which version of Nero are you using.

20. Helz

Helz Member

I am using Nero Photoshow Delux 4 ... this is what I downloaded and paid for on the Web after my original program that came with my Phillips DVD rewriter (Nero Startsmart - OEM suite)said that I needed to upgrade my package?!