1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Photoshow Delux 4

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Helz, Jan 9, 2008.

1. jopa4750

jopa4750 Member

I've had some fabulous results with ProShow Gold and ProShow Producer.

The only trouble is for a novice that it can become quite daunting for the beginner slide show producer.

A quick way for you to produce slide shows/add as much music background that you like and sucessfully burn and play on your stand alone DVD player is to purchase an application from VSO Software called VSO PhotoDVD. It's not the most sophisticated app but for a beginner it's very user friendly.

After you have mastered it I would advise that you should progress to the Photodex app, ProShow Gold, it also will sucessfully burn and play your productions admirably but with a lot more variety.

Cheers, jopa.

2. killalot

killalot Active member

To get a Nero log burn the same compilation again and after it’s burned it choose the option to view the log then copy and paste the whole lot into note pad the original log is in the Nero folder you have to look for a txt file just open any txt files you find until you find it and proshow gold my daughter can use it who’s only 11 so it isn’t that hard a program to use.

3. donewell

donewell Regular member

If your nero came with your burner you don't have a full working copy of nero. so vision won'yt work and you don't have showtime to play mpeg's. If you don't what to buy nero then use dvd flick and imgburn like i said in my other post

4. killalot

killalot Active member

Just a thought you say you are trying to get your camcorder photos and videos on disk? I take it then you use your camcorder to take the pictures and your camcorder puts the pictures on a dvdrw which you then transfer them to your computer your camcorder isn’t hardrive based or flash memory based? If this is the case you do finalise the disk on your camcorder before you transfer them to your computer reason I ask is if you don’t finalise the disk on your camcorder first your computer won’t recognise it? Like its been said with out a log file its hard to see what’s really going on even I’m lost now has to the procedure you are using.

5. Helz

Helz Member

Hi Everyone ...

I'am so tired of this but thank you for continuing to help me ...

Jopa4750 ... thanks for your advice I will certainly give your recommendation a go when I get some time to further experiment ... however I am dissappointed that Nero isn't working for me as it seems to work for most other people?!

Killalot ... thanks again ... I will burn the compilation again tomorrow in order to get that log so that I am able to include it for everyone to look at and work out what is going on ... also my pictures and videos are from a camera which has a memory stick ... in order to get these from camera to computer I just plug in the camera using a USB port and it automatically uploads them ... I am beginning to think that the type of files (forgive me I am niave here ... like MPEG2) are not recognised as whenever I try to play the burned disc in the computer it says that the format is unrecognised? I haven't tried with my camcorder for a while but plan to try and do this ... however it's an older style camcorder which has a small tape in not memory stick or disc ... therefore it works similar to my camera in that I connect it to my computer using the USB to upload images and videos ...

Donewell ... thanks ... I think I am going mad ;0) So the Nero disc that came with the burner isn't a full program? I'am confused ... so why am I able to access all of the options and go through the motions as it were? When it asked me the other day to upgrade it took me to the screen where I found Nero Photoshow Delux 4 and so I presumed that this is what was needed to get it all shipshape? Was I wrong? I can't believe I paid for it ... if that's not what I needed after all. How do I know if my Nero is the full program - is there somewhere I can look to see what the hell I have got?

I'am sorry if I am confusing everyone ... I never thought I was this dumb ... feel like giving up xx Thanks again xx

6. donewell

donewell Regular member

@Helz
    Nero photo show deluxe is a seperate program , not part of nero 6, 7,or 8 which ever one that came with the burner. you have to buy the 2 seperatly as one has nothing to do with the other, It's almost like 2 different companys. up until just latly you couldn't even find it on the regular nero site, it had a site of it's own. I use it and love it, i have lots of my slide shows on the free web site they give you so anyone can go there and view them. When they wanted you to update , they wanted to sell you the full nero 8 now.

7. jopa4750

jopa4750 Member

Dear Helz.

You stated that you are using a video camera that records to a memory stick. If it is the new HD [High Defininition Camera] it will record in the MP4 Format [not avi] - that is somewhat new to the current applications that are around today. If you have, I also have a simular camera to yours.

The only programs that I know that will encode to this format at this stage are . . . .

1/ Pinnacle Video Studio Vrs 11 - MP4 Coversion.

2/ Adobe Premiere Elements Vrs 4 - MP4 Conversion.

3/ Ulead Video Studio Vrs 11. - [Excellent] - MP4 Conersion - All burn to DVD excellantly.

Now, even if you could afford the renowned Adobe Premiere Pro which is used by the pro's and around the $550.00 mark, it at this stage doesn't support this format. - [coming soon]

At the moment I am using the pinnacle app and it records to DVD HD beautifully.

Just a hunch, but I hope I've helped somwhwhat.

Cheers jopa

8. jopa4750

jopa4750 Member

I've just rechecked your last entry! Those progams I recommended to you will also work with your DV camera - [samall tape device] - garenteed to finish and burn your composition to DVD - CD etc

You will also need a firewire card installed if you haven't aready aquired ons, [quite cheap] and of course a firewire cable to connect to your camera to PC.

Hope this helps as well.

Jopa

9. killalot

killalot Active member

Ok then forget about Nero for a minute when you upload you mpeg files see if you can play them first before you try and burn them to a disk, just put the disk in should auto run if it doesn’t go to my computer double click the drive the disk is in or right click it and select open with choose windows media player or power dvd if you’ve got it installed see if it plays if it doesn’t you haven’t got the correct codices installed on your pc to play them might be right might be wrong “need that log though from Nero” I mean right click the thumb drive you know what I mean

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  10. Helz

Helz Member

Hi Everyone ;0)

I have read and re-read everyone's comments which has given me a revelation. As I originally said I recently bought Nero Photoshow Delux 4, but before this I only had Nero StartSmart that came with my DVD burner I purchased. Now I purchased this ages ago and I am now coming to the understanding that the Nero StartSmart had a limited use which expired ... then when I go to use it recently it says that I need to buy a DVD-Video Plug-in which then diverts me to buying Nero 8 but underneath it has different Plug-in's to include Nero Photoshow Delux 4 (which is what I purchased - but didn't know that this still wouldn't work because my Nero StartSmart was not the full version.) I realise this because in previous replys I was advised that what ever came with the burner wouldn't be the full version. Obviously that has got me thinking that I needed to buy Nero 8 and not the Plug-in that I mistakenly purchased??! Am I right??!

Now ... as for the Nero logs ... leading on from purchasing the Nero Photoshow Delux 4 Plug-in I said that it would burn my photoshow but wouldn't recognise it in either the computer or dvd. Well, this being the plug-in doesn't give the option for a Nero log ... that obviously got me thinking again as to why not ... well, I have realised that you all must have been talking about using the Nero Startsmart - DVD Nero Burning Rom SE. So, I've gone into there and tried to open any of my pictures, videos or shows in order to burn the DVD in order to get the logs ... well ... it doesn't recognise any of the formats displaying the message 'unexpected file format'(which leads me to think I'd need the full Nero version to convert them before burning them?)

I've gone through every step and every comment 3 times in order to come to this assumption/realisation ... what do you all think? That has got to be it hey ... I just never realised that I needed to buy the full version ... so if I did would all my problems be over?

I am well and truly exhausted ... gonna pick up children from school run and log back in to see what you guys say ... you will probably call me a muppet and laugh your sox off at my niavity??!!

11. donewell

donewell Regular member

If you buy it it will work, like i have been trying to tell you from the start. But photoshow was still a good addition. and like i said before if you don't want to pay for nero 8 then download dvd flick and imgburn and you will be ready to make all your slide shows from psd4 work in all players. Good luck
    P>S> If you deside to buy nero , check in stores for sales and on line from one of the sellers of software, you should find it cheaper than what nero will charge you.

12. Helz

Helz Member

Thanks Donewell xx When I have more time I will check out the other places you suggested and let you know how I get on ... ha ha ... I might actually do it!!! You've been very patient x If I decide to buy Nero I'll let you know about that too ;0)

13. donewell

donewell Regular member

Don't forget that with psd 4 you can up load your slide shows to your free web site from photoshow circle that comes with psd 4 And then just send freinds the link and they can watch your shows o line. The only thing with up loading them to the site you must use the songs nero supplies because of copy rites. i do them for the site with their songs and up load them. you do not need to run them through any other program to upload. then i change the songs to anything i want for my dvd discs.

14. Helz

Helz Member

Good tip Donewell ... thanks ...

By the way I've downloaded both programs you suggested ... am I right in thinking that dvdflick converts and imgburn burns? I'm pressing buttons 'n' stuff ... you never know I might get the hang of these ha ha!

By the way ... you know when you post a reply above the box you type in you get different formatting options ... the fifth one along enables you to add image ... it just brings up (img) in brackets ... what do I have to do to add picture?!

Feels like I am having personalised IT sessions ha ha ... thanks again x

15. donewell

donewell Regular member

Your right dvd flick converts and imgburn burns.There are good guides here on dawn. as for adding an imgage , i have never done it, so someone else will have to jump in here.

16. donewell

donewell Regular member

17. Helz

Helz Member

Thanks Donewell for those links ... will take a closer look later ... off to kickboxing to de-stress ha ha ... escape the children etc ;0)Talk later x

18. killalot

killalot Active member

Did you do what I suggested? Forget about Nero can you open any of your mpeg video files with windows media player etc and can you view your pictures in windows picture and fax viewer both programs are installed with windows?

19. Helz

Helz Member

Killalot ... thanks ... I am able to view both my video files and picture files using Windows Media Player ... is that a good thing?!

Donewell ... I'm not having any luck at all! Downloaded both DVD Flick and IMGburn ... when I open DVD Flick and go to add a title I try to open just a normal video file (original - nothing changed or formatted) it comes up with an error message that reads 'Cannot render thumbnail for c:\destination of file is listed next. The video codec may be unsupported.' I then tried to add the photoshow that I created with Nero Photoshow Delux 4 and it added it no problems. It was successful in converting. I then used IMGburn to burn which it did. Worked on computer but not in DVD player?!

Am afraid to purchase Nero 8 just in case it doesn't recognise my file types as did DVD Flick ... confused ...

Hope everyone ok ... I'm knackered. Is there a good site where I can talk directly online to people about similar issues etc?

20. donewell

donewell Regular member